What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife picked a peck from the mixed row of peppers. I weeded the same row of peppers, got to spend some quality time together. My hunting dog got the ones that she threw over the fence that didn't pass quality control 🤣

She didn't want to pick the other rows yet, but looked and told me I'm going to have stuffed green peppers for supper this week. So I suspect she'll be picking bells this week.
Screenshot_20220710-184027~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Did a bit of wee but not much. My hub can be a donkey very easy. I am tying the tomatoes and some needed stakes, so he did that. Some plants their truck is about an inch or more. God is good. Well, I ran out of the yarn and I said it was good. He goes like, Let me move the stake from here to there. I am like why the Hassel, I have more yarn, all I need to do is make a knot and wallah! He got upset and went back inside,lol it only took me 4 fingers and he needed to use the force on that. I really needed him to move the dirt bags to where I am going to plant the green onions. Well, did it myself. Just dragged the darn bag,lol
I cleaned the space, dropped the frame and then began with the grass clippings. I did not had any cardboard nor newspapers, so I put grass clippings I still had and once it was covered well, put 2 bags of soil in the frame. Hope that works. 🙏
20220710_204641.jpg20220710_204650.jpg
Then proceeded to water all around.
Will put the seeds tomorrow.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter very nice! The once on the wheelbarrow are the banana peppers? Sure look like the cubanillo peppers.
They are sweet banana peppers. She likes slice them and pickle them. They are awesome on sandwiches.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hard telling what's in the squash patch. We've been picking straight neck and zucchini from the left side. I can occasionally get a good view under the leaves and see numerous butternut and acorn squash. The garden seems to be doing well. Most all the plants have nice dark green leaves. That tells me their roots found the rotting top soil that's about 12 to 14 inches deep from plowing.
IMG_20220710_200553643~3.jpg

Vines were starting to take over the watermelon and also climb the fence. I pulled them loose and flipped them back over top the patch. Some of the vines, I pulled loose have roots that were anchored in the soil. No wonder the squash patch is growing like crazy.
IMG_20220710_200442474~2.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morning, up early this morning for my week will be epic, next week will be worse,lol
So, cleaned watered for the chickens, made sure they have feed, watered and on my way to plant those seeds. No, there are no instructions but @flowerbug said .5 or 1inch deep so maybe 1.5 apart? They wrote go to their website, like I have time for that,lol Besides, I have the best farmers right here, :love
Of course, you guys are driving me nuts with these country farming jargon; a bushel,a hill, a pench, a peck.........I feel like I am in an interacting Bible. Which is a good thing.

20220711_070347.jpg
They are not tiny compared to the culantro seeds. Hope I do not drop any :thumbsup

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Morning, up early this morning for my week will be epic, next week will be worse,lol
So, cleaned watered for the chickens, made sure they have feed, watered and on my way to plant those seeds. No, there are no instructions but @flowerbug said .5 or 1inch deep so maybe 1.5 apart? They wrote go to their website, like I have time for that,lol Besides, I have the best farmers right here, :love
Of course, you guys are driving me nuts with these country farming jargon; a bushel,a hill, a pench, a peck.........I feel like I am in an interacting Bible. Which is a good thing.

View attachment 19500
They are not tiny compared to the culantro seeds. Hope I do not drop any :thumbsup
Bunching onions are green onions you see wrapped in rubber bands at the grocery store. They grow to be about the size of your pinky to index finger.

Have look here