Why do I even bother with weather forecasts? Heat warning #8
Screenshot_20220807-093529~2.png

Screenshot_20220807-093456~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie that is hilarious!
@R2elk what do you mean like green onions? Like the bunch onions from Walmart? And I missed that? What do I do now with them? Are they gonna rot?

Nice out today for outside work but I am feeling lazy. Hub put some roof materials but it began drizzling. Not good for working with electrical tools. I came home from church and FFH and having this deep desire to get back in bed and let the world collapse,lol.

After that I will water the boxes if it does not rain. Might take the quackies out for a bath under the pine tree way in the back if not too sunny. 🤔

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I haven't had any tomato horn worms since the 2nd year I started put \ting out praying mantis egg cases.

we have praying mantisses all over the place here. i think a big part of the problem is that with low till i don't ever dig up the tomato worm larvae that get down into the soil. also, if anyone else around has them in their gardens they can fly a long ways.

picked 12 more worms this morning. catching some of them early to mid-sized so that prevents a lot of damage.

starting to see some red in the tomatoes. the race is on (between leaf disease and ripening tomatoes). we usually get a good crop no matter what as by now many of the largest tomatoes are already formed.

today it felt like about 15 degrees warmer than yesterday even if i got going pretty early. i did get the worms hunted down and weeded and removed the pea plants (as they were showing signs of powdery mildew), but by the time i got done hosing out and refilling the birdbaths i was soaked and ready to come in for the day.

started raining a bit ago. hope next week is cooler, i got a lot to get done out there and want to be able to pick some beans too.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@R2elk what do you mean like green onions? Like the bunch onions from Walmart? And I missed that? What do I do now with them? Are they gonna rot?
Green onions, I think the same as "bunch onions", like this Google picture:

SmartSelect_20220807-161110_Samsung Internet.jpg

You are not too late. Onions are tasty at all sizes.

So, go out now and pull every other one... however many you want. Your goal is to give the ones left in the bed more space.

If you pull too many to eat tonight, you can dice them and freeze them for later. Or dice them and dehydrate them for later....

Or pull a few every night as you want to use them.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It has not stopped raining. Good thing I had some water jugs in the chicken run and refilled the ducks waterer with it until I can go and be outside longer without getting wrench,lol The story of my life, 🙃