What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I
I do this all the time! And by girls, I mean chickens not my daughters. Lol

Today was grape picking, weeding and watering.
I also mean chickens, lol I only have one girl but she lives in Florida. My second is a boy who lives in Indiana and made grandma first. My third is another boy who lives in Oregon. He is 22. Could have been an empty nester,but got 17 chickens,12 ducks, 1 Maltese dog and a grown-up baby husband, lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, been home since 7pm. Long day and long drive. However very sad about what is happening back at home. The word I was looking for was storm shutters. Sister texted me yesterday that she was scared but ok. Have not been able to get in contact with her again, nor my brother or his children. Very frustrating! Also very upsetting 😡 I know what's like. Lived a couple while in the island. However, it is not like a tornado that comes out of nowhere. We hear about these things weeks in advance. Anyways, not going to ramble much about it. Thank you all for accepting me and making me feel like family with you all.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pulled a few weeds and noticed that I've got blooms on the Purple Dove and Early Contender beans that I planted recently. Yay - might get fall green (and purple) beans!

i'm picking boxloads of dry PD pods these days. hope i can finish up tomorrow with this round of going through the bean patches. excited too that i've found a few possible crosses to play with in the future. :) fresh beans always so good, we'll have frosts here soon enough that such efforts would have had to have been planted in late July.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, been home since 7pm. Long day and long drive. However very sad about what is happening back at home. The word I was looking for was storm shutters. Sister texted me yesterday that she was scared but ok. Have not been able to get in contact with her again, nor my brother or his children. Very frustrating! Also very upsetting 😡 I know what's like. Lived a couple while in the island. However, it is not like a tornado that comes out of nowhere. We hear about these things weeks in advance. Anyways, not going to ramble much about it. Thank you all for accepting me and making me feel like family with you all.

it's times like that which make me want to eat a large amount of chocolate and stay up too late worrying way too much.

i hope all come through ok and they get back in contact with you soon! :hugs

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked up a little more than 1/2 of my share of the sweet potatoes from in-between the rows. Probably about another yard cart left to pick up and bring inside. This is after my two helpers rightfully took all the wanted first 😁

IDK wife was saying something about putting up some sweet potato fries. All I know is sweet potato pies are coming. Theres some small ones, roasters and big ones.

These are Georgia Jet variety if any wants to know. Tape measure for reference
IMG_20220920_113813876~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi family! Still depbut had joy by hearing the voice of my brother. He was working at the marina cleaning up and turning some boats. They make their living with their fishing. Funny, we were one of the poorest family after my dad passed but we always had great seafood. God's hand always provided for us.
My sister is well too. They have no power nor water but hopefully it gets back tomorrow.
Nothing done in the garden. Did shared the tomatoes I had with all the mechanics at the shop as appreciation for trusting me to do half pay until next month. God always shine! Hub is finally with his Durango and I can have my Blazer back. Might be old and rusty but still works like a rock. Love me these chevy's,lol (not the new ones) One day will get me a pick up, a nice chevy one.
Finally got the good automatic coop door for the quackies but power went out most of the day, so will mount it tomorrow.
Thank you so much with all my ❤️.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi family! Still depbut had joy by hearing the voice of my brother. He was working at the marina cleaning up and turning some boats. They make their living with their fishing. Funny, we were one of the poorest family after my dad passed but we always had great seafood. God's hand always provided for us.
My sister is well too. They have no power nor water but hopefully it gets back tomorrow.
Nothing done in the garden. Did shared the tomatoes I had with all the mechanics at the shop as appreciation for trusting me to do half pay until next month. God always shine! Hub is finally with his Durango and I can have my Blazer back. Might be old and rusty but still works like a rock. Love me these chevy's,lol (not the new ones) One day will get me a pick up, a nice chevy one.
Finally got the good automatic coop door for the quackies but power went out most of the day, so will mount it tomorrow.
Thank you so much with all my ❤️.

Upon first read, I said a couple of prayers for you and your family in PR. Happy to hear good news. Praise the Lord for He is good \o/

Today it was sunny, with a slight breeze, a high of 97 degrees and the heat index hit 110. I personally thought it was a absolutely beautiful day. My wife informed me that thay are saying more of the same tomorrow 👍

I received bay laurel seeds a few days ago with some instructions. There is a upto 6 month germination @70 degrees time frame. This may be my biggest challenge yet. The seeds are currently in the refrigerator crisper drawer as per instructions on the seed pack. I need to figure a start date 6 months prior to when it will be about 70 degrees outside. Here are the germination instructions for bay laurel seeds. Hopefully someone will find them useful.
IMG_20220920_230933013~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited: