What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
rinse repeat today and tomorrow. hope to get two more gardens ready for winter but will make no promises as i don't know how wet or frozen it still is out there. it's been a mess the past few days in the slippery clay but i did get the garden done i was working on. on to the next today... after a light lunch...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it was much better today. :) probably saved about 45 minutes in not having to deal with slippery mud and frozen spots. if i'm really ambitious tomorrow maybe i can get both remaining gardens done. i'm not sure i can do that though with my back being iffy (it is doing ok, but i have an issue remaining from falling down a ladder - let's just say the judges did not like my dismount...).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
forecast is looking great for today even if it may be windy 56F and sunny should be nicer than yesterday. rainy and mixed weather in the forecast the rest of the week but i should have a chance some days of getting the remaining garden outside the fence finished up before the ground freezes again.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neighbor just came over "one of our friends dropped off some pumpkins, come get all you want". I took 7, a few for preserving for us and some to shred for cow or fowl chow supplement. Pretty sure they are unsold leftovers from a store, I seen stickers on some. They say squash seeds are a natural dewormer for animals, so all the better.
IMG_20221127_161021658.jpg

This gives me an idea for next year. Enquire at stores on purchasing unsold leftover pumpkins for feed supplement.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Me too! That's the coolest carrot I've ever seen!
Me three!!

Baker Creek sells them, though not as vibrant looking:

Latest posts