Looks ready to me.
20230620_113919.jpg

Won't be long now.
20230620_113758.jpg

20230620_113838.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My beans are coming along and the sweet peas and sugar daddy peas have sprouted. Little weeding 'cause its so hot. It was 81 today and will be 89 tomorrow. Chickens are beginning to panting while outside. Time to star putting ice in their water,lol
20230620_194734.jpg
20230620_194743.jpg
20230620_194815.jpg

Also the spaghetti squash sprouted,lol
20230620_194803.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dont remember but I think I told you about my jug I bought off sportsmans guide and I used it to make liquid fertilizer, I WAS going to put some on the garden but then we had a lot of rain so I waited.

I think the rain is over and we are headed for some 80/85 days, now is a great time to do it.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frow Welcome to my garden, its not a big garden but just enough for 2 older folks.
Things seam to be taking forever to mature, but there is nothing I can do about it :caf

*the potatoes in grow bags are doing great- 5 bags of northern red- 5 bags of purple and 5 bags of yellow there is some mint and wormwood growing in this bed. I put the potatoes here because I read that when it gets hot out they don't do very well and this is the north side of the house.
image_171955211.JPG

The Art Verrel's sweet white corn from Baker Creek, is just about knee high,, I didnt want to walk down in the rain so ya get a long shot,-- the pumpkin and yellow squash that are in the corn bed have flowers- the acorn and zucchini will when the temp gets warmer next week--- 🦌So far the pink field tape is working to keep the deer out- BUT at 5am this morning I looked out the window and say a doe standing in the driveway in the far left of the pic, looking at the corn and I think she was sizing up just how to get in there--- I let my Tony dog out and his deep very loud bark sent her running

image_16892161.JPG

The OP sweet corn from Territorial Seed is not as mature as the Baker Creek corn-there is more corn at the far end of the green beans; - the celery is just the back side of the corn and its doing ok; to the back side of the celery/next to the second set of 4 corn rows, is cilantro-arugula and spinach-- garlic and onion seed are just to the right in a long row just the other side of the green beans

image_17175809.JPGimage_16900097.JPGimage_17176833.JPG

*the far left bed has a row of romaine, typically it is knee high by now but its not; the mustard seed is doing ok; reg.parsley and IT parsley are ok
*green chilies and jalapeños are in the first row and doing ok, given we haven't had any heat;
*snow peas did horribly- I am going to pull them and plant more green beans-
*the 2 rows of beets are way behind; the kale is wayWAY behind; the carrots are doing fine and I will seed more TODAY!! in the empty row where the first turnips were behind the onion sets
*turnips-- have flowered and the root ball is not very big, I am just going to leave them as long as I can but they will most likely get bugs in the root
*parsnips- this is the first time I have grown them, so, I think they are doing ok
*I planted cabbage seed as soon as the soil temp was 42 which was March:th red onion seed is in front of the cabbage, fennel is in the cabbage bed and left over red fingerling potatoes popped up ;)
*The 2 rows of tomatoes though are doing fine

* The tea bed is just about to bloom; all of the herbs are doing great!

That all I got going for vegies, its all in the Lords hands,
:caf time for more coffee

Last edited:

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am going to be seeding a little bit fall stuff later today, spinach , carrots, kale, and a few beets
View attachment 23670

I was looking at that winter chart the other day when you posted it. I should have saved it. I'm not sure if we're in the same zone.
I always plan on more spinach and potato's in the fall. Here we are about to hit our 6-8 weeks of 100+ temps. If not like last year we can make it into late December before we get a bad freeze. It really killed the pasture that was trying to recover from the extreme drought. We finally got rain and some cool season grasses started, then we got teens in Oct again in Nov then the negatives everyone got in Dec. I was hoping for the root growth last year to help this year's growth.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was looking at that winter chart the other day when you posted it. I should have saved it. I'm not sure if we're in the same zone.
I always plan on more spinach and potato's in the fall. Here we are about to hit our 6-8 weeks of 100+ temps. If not like last year we can make it into late December before we get a bad freeze. It really killed the pasture that was trying to recover from the extreme drought. We finally got rain and some cool season grasses started, then we got teens in Oct again in Nov then the negatives everyone got in Dec. I was hoping for the root growth last year to help this year's growth.

Here's the link to the chart https://territorialseed.com/blogs/fall-winter-growing-guides