What did you do in your garden today?

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:celebrate first cabbage seeds have begun to sprout!!

Cauliflowers too! peppers & tomatoes take longer but, later this week should be poppin. 😄. Happy dance.
Cauliflower & cabbage
20240309_073501.jpg

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FINALLY got off my depressed rear end and trimmed blueberries and thornless raspberries. The large patch was full of grass and so I had hubs weed eat the grass. Who cares that he got some canes.

Now I need to figure out how to kill the grass, kills the moles in there, and then scorch the earth so that when I fertilize and mulch, it stays in place. Hubs wants gravel, but I don't.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had a weird dream where I had to get a small vegetable garden planted and made presentable because Queen Elizabeth was coming to see it.

I think the snap lock wood flooring surrounding it for the couch to sit on was odd.

I think my subconscious is trying to tell me something

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this week we're back to seasonal weather. some nights forecast down to the 19-20F and most days in the 30sF. warmest day is today at 40F and then nothing warmer until next monay at 49F. so pretty much a good week to finish up this project inside and reading these books and looking out the window at the birdies doing birdie things...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tell me more, please.

Use them to make cottonwood salve. Used for sore muscles and helps with some skin conditions.

Put the buds in a jar and fill with oil for a few months to extract the resin. I usually leave it for 6 months or more. Strain. Heat with beeswax to make a salve.

I prefer to whip it as it cools just because the butter is easier to get out. Does make it take up more jar space though