What did you do to MAKE money today?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I hauled a load of steel off this morning. A little over 1000 pounds. I took two loads yesterday a little over a ton, so I have had a pretty decent weekend.

Windyhillfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I haven't MADE any money yet, but I am finishing a bunch of crafts for next weekend show ... does that count?

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I built myself a website two weeks ago to sell my portraits from... and sold two portraits this week :)

I'm on maternity leave right now and I don't want to go back to work. I figure that I will need to steadily sell 2.5 portraits a week to replace my income (or at least what my income is after I take out the $155/week for daycare and the $200/week for gas to commute 240km everyday) I have until the end of October to figure out a steady income or I'm stuck heading for work to cover my bills.

Am I allowed to post my website here? It's www.crittersportraits.com if anyone wants to have a look... it's still sort of in the editing stages so if anyone has some constructive criticism I'd love to hear it :) (you can PM me so this thread isn't thrown off track)
Wow Heather you are really talented! :woot Trying to think who I could give one of your portraits to for Christmas....

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:) Sold three chicks already this morning! Yay! That will pay for hmmmm....maybe a third of a full tank of gas for my car :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I sold a scarf :D Didn't make a lot cuz of material and shipping, but it was for a friend and he paid me over cost! WOOT! Even though it was a learning piece!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Hemmed 3 pairs of pants, sold 2 bars of soap and a dozen eggs.

Toulle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
For those of you with no "real" job, or trying to supplement income, what did you do to make money today?
I don't have a "real" job. I work for Local Government.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Bartered a number of meaties that basically paid for processing the whole batch.

keenecowboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We have 30 acres in central Ohio. Had horses up until this past Nov. Sold them off and start with 3 doz. Laying hens. At least they are bring in some income. We sell our eggs at a local coop shop nearby. I will have to add more chickens since the demand is greater than the supply. We sell the the eggs for 2.40 a doz with the store taking 10%
I grow berries during the summer and some veggies to sell at the farmers market.
We have some wooded land and have sold off some trees, and make cutting boards to sell from the fall offs.

Every day is a challenge since my wife has not worked in 3 years, just can't find a job.
Medical bills are always a problem since she suffers from allergies and asthma.
Always thinking what else we can do for the extra income.