What did you do to save $ today?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
VickiLynn said:
Great deal on the washer/dryer! For homemade detergent, I use about 2 tablespoons, and just throw it in with the dirty clothes (instead of using the dispenser). It seems to work best that way for dry homemade detergent.
I have liquid detergent now. 2 gallons.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I forgot to get a prescription filled. Saved me $35. :lol:

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Wannabefree said:
I forgot to get a prescription filled. Saved me $35. :lol:
:gig That's not quite right. :gig
that is probably absolutely right... you forgot about the gas you didn't use up, to drive to the drug store:)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I made a big pot of turkey soup using homemade broth and vegetabels from the garden. Then I fixed a salad with more vegies from the garden.

A few days ago I went to our goodwill outlet and got a laundry basket full of 100% cotton in excellent condition baby boy clothes for DD. I also got lots of sheets, a snugly, towels, socks and a lot of other stuff. All for $20. :weee

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My son had to switch schools today and so we had to do back to school shopping. However, we got some of his supplies at the dollar store and some at the used clothing store, and recycled some of his brother's things, so we didn't spend much at all. I had to drive around to several stores is all.

hankus

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Bought 4 bags of feed that had a tear in the corner for a dollar off on each bag (lost less than 3lbs of feed total) and had a 15% off coupon. Saved enough that by the numbers a whole sack was free and nearly two.