What did you do to save $ today?

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
Don had to go out in it though as Richards duck was running around like crazy in it's pen. I think it was scared & did not know what to do. So it joined us here in the hose for a little while till the hail & rain stopped. It is not yet 8 wks old & it was only 2 days old when we got it, so no momma to tell it what to do. Not sure if it is boy or girl yet either. Guess we will find out if & when it starts laying eggs won't we?
Sometimes you can tell what sex a duck is by its quack.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks Dace

DUH ME!

never thought of freezing. I swear sometimes my head ain't right..HA HA HA

thanks--I WILL do this!

Hey, Dace saved me money today! :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
greyhorsewoman said:
Today I finally got a spiral perm. Been putting it off for a couple of YEARS 'cause I just couldn't justify the cost. Well, found out the local high school cosmetology department schedules appointments for outsiders three day a week.

So, how much did my LONG haired spiral cost? $15.00 !! Heck, I splurged and had them do my eyebrows for an extra $1.00. The kids were great, the teachers were right there to oversee everything got done correctly. Looks nice.

Probably saved $80~~ ~~~ ~~ !!
Wow! In some areas of the country you saved more than $80!!!

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How did I save money today? Well we processed a meat bird that was down in his legs before he died a natural death. Had a bunch of gizzards from a friend who we helped process their birds and I have them in the pressure canner in broth for giblet gravy. Made a loaf of sweet bread. Turned the heater on 68 when we got up and turn off after we got dressed. It was 63 here today. We were out at lunch time so I had lunch for the dollar menu at Wendy's well sort of the chili is now 1.29. But my chicken sandwich was .99 and the water was free.

I talked my DH out of buying a gun and have a pile of stuff after cleaning the closet to put on Ebay.

We are both worried about our jobs right now. Husband is freelance and I work for a bank. Or should I say the east coast bank bought by the west coast bank.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Cackle
Tony just talked me into his buying another gun! :(
well for Xmas and birthday in Jan. combined I said OK...but that was it! :)

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's a great savings! I packed my lunch for work, have been looking for freecycle items and took out a homemade quiche for dinner.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
That sounds all good- closer, more secure and better money- Do I see 10 acres or 40 coming over the horizon?
Congratulations
I'd be happy with 3!!

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
LOL Cackle
Tony just talked me into his buying another gun! :(
well for Xmas and birthday in Jan. combined I said OK...but that was it! :)
Well I thought I talked him out of it... He just told me he boguht a gun but it was only 25% of the cost of the one from yesterday.

Not sure I did anything to save money today other than take my breakfast to work. I need to find a new french press coffee maker that make enough extra that I can take a thermos to work.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I ate at the Taco Truck again instead of the Restaurant I have the option of going to....I pack everyone elses lunch, but not mine. Call me stubborn, but I'm the primary wage earner in our family, my benefits carry our health insurance, etc...my tax returns are what gives us a boost to pay back alot of our debt...and I dont like sack lunches. So I eat out every work day, four days a week, Monday thru Thursday. Today it was $3.50 for a tostada and a taco.....mmm, I'm spoiled.
Today we also took the stuff we cleaned out of the boys room to town and sold a bunch of it... Actually only $45 worth, and we'll repost tomorrow or the next day....
Tonight we had leftover Sirloin from dinner last night, so we stretched it two nights in a row! Amazing for us, with three adults, one teen, and two boys!
All in all it was a pretty thrifty day...I didnt go to any stores, I used stuff we already had, and I am gathering ideas here on how to be more conservative!
Thanks! Tina

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Cackle
DH got the gun---but at least he bought a cheaper one. that is always good! :)
men and their toys....ugh..HA HA

Latest posts