What did you do to save $ today?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I skipped lunch because I was away from the house working, and didn't have time, so I saved money by not buying lunch :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Let my parents take me to the hospital so hubby didn't have to take off work, and since we used their car, I didn't even have to worry about gas. :D

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Me and the Gals -I just went to the Amazon site and put in a search for Canon 860 printer ink and scrolled around reading reviews. It took a little time but I got 4 sets of the 2 black cartridges, the 4 magenta, 4 cyan, 4 yellow all for $10.46. I can't buy one Cannon cartridge for that. They are not Cannon grade but seem to work fine and my printer recognized them. Some people had a few complaints about packaging and one person said theirs leaked some ink but the majority were happy like I am. I really depend on reviews whenever I buy something and check compatability. I buy a lot on line cause we are out in the sticks and it is an hour to anything more sophisticated than Walmart.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Processed 16 broilers in 2 days and will do the last 5 tomorrow, as well as 6 rouen drakes. If I have time I will do about 7 guineas too. That will fill my freezer with meat and decrease my feed use. double savings, plus much more organic.

stubbornhillfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Washed and dried for re-use some tinfoil, re-used some ziplock sandwich bags for the umpteenth time, ate home made English muffins instead of store bought and brough leftovers to work for lunch along with bringing my coffee from home. Oh yeah, and took a shower at the gym. Might as well use their water and not mine! :D

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Continued from 2 posts ago......well after all the broilers relaxed for the recommended 3 days, ate one and froze the rest. So what to do with the 1 and 1/2 quarts of giblets??? Usually they would be frozen too, but then mostly they get stockpiled in the freezer, because I just don't use it fast enough. Well I was inspired to make my own rice dressing mix. I could almost claim I have organic dressing mix, but not quite. I did brown about 6 LBs of ground chunk from the grocery, but I'm happy I have mixes for 7 meals ahead of me. I didn't do the math yet, but we have a Co. in one of our neighboring parishes that markets theirs, so I will check how much I would have to pay for that much dressing mix. I think I did really good, though. At least I know it will be used now.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
over 60.00 in coupons

the husband has to take a mega load of food to work so this is mostly all for his lunchbag except for the eggs----that would be messy

(6) 8pk coca colas
(5) boxes of ritz peanut butter crackers
(2) loaves of bread
(2) dozen eggs
(2) packs of ham lunchmeat
(2) avocados
(1) pack of bologna

total 20.59

before coupons and sales 78.87

the sodas alone should have cost me 21.00 but gotta love those coupons

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Nice haul :D

I just didn't spend any money today. I had my neighbor get what I needed from WalMart, and she paid for it :hu I has good neighbors :love

Doozerdoo1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I waited until today to order 2 kerosene heaters, saved my self 80.00 ! They were both on sale today only! I'm stoked! Been wanting these for a year, tpday I read a pot, went and looked and yep sale!
Bought a big propane heater on sale at murdocks for 109.99 regularly 149.00 so I saved 40 bucks! So waiting until now saved me a bundle. Oh and I bought a new generator for 279.00 and it's a 3,000 watts. Best price around here for a long time. All that propane, kerosene and gasoline I have been buying now has a purpose lol. Purchased my boys cowboy boots 70% off for real leather boots , and there western shirts regularly 32.00 were on sale for 7.00 . I purchased 24 cans of red feather butter and saved 32.00 ..... It was a good day!