What did you do to save $ today?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I hit the salvage grocery store for kidney and other type beans and canned tomatoes. I noticed they were completely out of coffee, oil and flour. Not normal for this store.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I miss having a salvage store. We had a wonderful one down in Gulfport MS when I lived there. I haven't been able to find any since moving away back in 93.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
did well at kmart

got a free $10 pink fluffy bunny with baby bunny for Nicole for Easter.

free cause after my buy one get one with coupons I was up $10 and the bunny came out free.....couponing, ya gotta love it :)

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i know i love it.........couponing

FarmerChick said:
did well at kmart

got a free $10 pink fluffy bunny with baby bunny for Nicole for Easter.

free cause after my buy one get one with coupons I was up $10 and the bunny came out free.....couponing, ya gotta love it :)

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
im trying to save money..

i put my truck on craigslist for an even trade........hopefully it pans out

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Went to a wine tasting for Valentine's today, which was fun. Its case club month at our favorite local winery, and so we bought a cast of wine at 25% off and split it with a friend. Saved a bunch, and we won't buy wine now for probably 6 months (or more....)!!

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DD and I made Cinnabons for breakfast this
morning!! Theyturned out great:weee We just got a new freezer, so
today we are making cookies, bread dough, to put in it.

I have not heard of an salvage grocery.I live in TN. Do they ha e them here? Wjust moved here
a few months ago and I am still trying to find things.

Monica

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I forgot that yesterday DD and DSIL bought a bunch of gym equipment so we all can workout without going to the gym.
DH also got us several different types of workout dvd's. I like to use them. So, we just saved a bundle instead of paying for 5 gym memberships.

Monica

keenecowboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Have been putting in windows in the the converted horse barn to chicken coop.
Got them from folks on freecycle yahoo groups and craigslist. 95 % of the materials used were free. Only had to buy screws and nails.
Lumber from the local lumber yard mill shop, stuff that would have gone to the trash burn piles.
Got a gas heater from freecycle, heats the coop to about 40 and the hens just laying every day.
:)

stubbornhillfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yesterday went to CVS and bought 2 tubes of Colgate Advanced Toothpaste. They were on sale for $2.75 and had $2.00 each of their bonus dollars. In Sundays paper there was a $1.00 off coupon. So used one on each for a total of $3.50 for the 2 tubes. Also got 7 cans of Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup for $0.59 and had two coupons for $0.40 of each. So in reality, paid $0.49 each per can. This morning, I went back and got 4 more cans for $0.49 and 2 more toothpastes. This time, I used the $1.00 off coupons (2) for the toothpaste and the $4.00 in the store bucks that I earned from yesterday, so todays purchase of 4 cans of soup and 2 Colgate tooth paste came to under $1.50! All in all, I am happy with that score and can now give the soup to our local food pantry!