What discontinued foods do you miss?

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There is a candy store at a local mall that sells "vintage" candy (or at least stuff I haven't seen in awhile) off the top of my head, they have UNO bars, Abba Zabbas, ZOTS, and Razzles. I don't go to the mall except now & then if there's a movie I-absolutely-have-to-see-even-tho-it's-at-the-ridiculous-full-price, so when I do go, I splurge on a blast from the past.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They don't make Godiva ice cream anymore? That stuff was so good. :(

Ahh, government cheese. My grandma used to get a big brick of it and give it to my family.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
They don't make Godiva ice cream anymore? That stuff was so good. :(

Ahh, government cheese. My grandma used to get a big brick of it and give it to my family.
We used to get my grandma's too. My parents wouldn't touch the stuff but my brother and would cut hunks off and melt it over English muffins in the toaster over after school.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Hey Anne, you know you can mail-order Vernors if you want it bad enough...

e.g. http://www.beveragesdirect.com/products/vernors/ (I've ordered Blenheims from them in past years and had no problems) or http://www.thevernorsstore.com/ (no personal experience, just found 'em via google)

If you order from beveragesdirect, you might consider treating yourself to a case of Blenheim ginger ale too, unless you don't like a 'spicy' ginger ale.

(e.t.a. and you might like to browse through www.sanderscandy.com to see if they offer your hot fudge by mail)

Bon appetit,

Pat
Pat, I actually found that via Google, too. Amazon sells it, too! But thank you for checking for me :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I thought candy cigs were phased out after the Marlboro man died from lung cancer. I was wrong!! I found them up here at a hole in the wall corner store.

Now I stock up on them so my daughter and I can pretend to smoke whenever we feel like it. :p They are even better than before, if you blow out, a puff of candy smoke comes out! :woot

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Cheese Waffies? Made by Guys Foods. Waffle shaped chips sandwiched around nacho cheese filling. I miss them. I couldn't eat them now that I am gluten free anyways but I am still sad.

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
I miss the green olive tapenade that I used to be able to buy at the farmers market. We moved across the country, and olives don't grow here.

Also, there was an older guy at the farmers market here that made these little Norwegian "cookies" that were so good. He died and I don't remember the name. They were figure 8 shaped, and had sour cream in them.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I miss Ben and Jerry's "Totally Nuts" ice cream. Really really bad. When my husband and I were dating his brother was a manager at one of there shops and would bring home a store size container of it every month. It's how he paid rent. I loved it. My husband's aunt is one of the ceo's at Ben and Jerry's you'd think we'd have pull, but nooooo, her own daughter can't even get the rainforest one back. I blame the pot-heads running the joint. It's a conspiracy.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
They don't make Godiva ice cream anymore.
I miss "In a Gadda Vida" drum solos

Slinkytoys

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Ohhhh, I miss FanTan gum. It had an unusual taste, kinda like the way a dentist's office used to smell. Weird, I know. It was a teeny bit minty but mostly a real clean taste. Very hard to explain.
Anyway I really really miss it, I used to buy a pack when I walked home from school and that was a Loooooonnngg time ago.
Slinky