What do you do to cut expenses down?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i'm so glad i was able to come up with a routine for dealing with my pollen reactions. wash and rinse works very well for me, haven't needed any meds for years and no sinus infections either.

I like NasalCrom. Cheap, OTC, and no need to take systemic medication

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My B-I-L uses a netti-pot after being outside, usually when he comes in for lunch, before supper and right before bed. It really seems to help him a lot. He will still have some minor stuffiness, but not as congested, sneezing and stuffy as he usually was.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My B-I-L uses a netti-pot after being outside, usually when he comes in for lunch, before supper and right before bed. It really seems to help him a lot. He will still have some minor stuffiness, but not as congested, sneezing and stuffy as he usually was.

ask him if he washes his face and rinses his eyes. might help even more. :) also if not wearing a hat to remember to wipe down the hair with a damp cloth so you're not spreading pollen onto your pillows.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that we have a lot of new members and it's been a long time since we had a thread about what we do to save money. Maybe the new folks would have a new way we hadn't thought about and maybe some of the oldsters wouldn't mind repeating their advice just one more time?

After that, maybe we could sticky it?
10 Simple Ways to Curb Your Expenses Cut back and/or bundle telephone and Internet utilities, Stop being a pet lover, Watch what you eat, Boost your debt and lower interest rates, Minimize energy usage, Cultivate a Garden, Stop smoking, Minimize your premiums.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today I am being frugal by:
1. Teetered goat to do the trimming.
2. Line drying clothes.
3. Put several dishes from the fridge in front of DH and we both feasted.
4. Separated ham and ham bone for future meals and put in freezer.
5. Cooking free pumpkin in crockpot to keep house cool.
6. Fixing on cutting a free turkey into stew meat sections and cook down broth for turkey dumplings for one of my next meals.