What do you do with your brown paper bags?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Georgiagirl said:
I used mine as wallpaper in my living room. Looks like suede.
I tore it into pieces so all edges are rough, wadded it up tightly to wrinkle it. Smoothed it out with my hands. Dipped my hands into wallpaper paste and smeered it onto the wall, stuck the paper on and more paste on top. make sure all surfaces are torn edges and overlap each other. the straight edges were used on the corners and at the ceiling and floor. Looks great in with all my western decor.
That sounds beautiful!!! Any trouble with grease stains from hands and such? I guess a person could give it a coat of matte polyurethane and get the same affect?

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Do you need help with posting pics? I may be able to help you. If you came from BYC, there are instructions there that will tell you how to post pics as well. :) Let me know if you would like help, and I will give it my best shot :D

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use mine for amny different things! I don't usually get too many but I always save them when I do. I seperate my recycleables into them. I have to take them to the facility so I like to go once a week. I took a large plastic tub that holds three bags, then I put glas, plastic, and paper in each. The tub fits in my trunk so I just pick up the whole thing and take it in. I also let my kids decorate them and use it as wrapping paper - if I do not have any comics around.

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So what's the caramel corn recipe? My DH has talked about how his sisters used to make caramel corn in a brown paper bag in the microwave when he was younger, and he loved it. (he doesn't like my caramel corn) So I'd love the recipe/instructions if anyone has it!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
This is going to sound holier than thou-ish but I hardly see a paper bag from one year to the next. I have a bunch of canvas bags that I keep in the truck to take with me to stores. Most grocery stores give a credit (usually 6 cents a bag) for my not using their bags. Not much but adds up over the lifetime of the totes. I figured it paid for them long before they wore out. At least once I stopped using those net bags which wore out fast.
The only trouble I had when I started was a tendency to accumulate the bags at home and not have any in the truck when I needed them. Solved that by hanging them on the door knob to the garage when I unpacked them in the kitchen so I can't drive off without seeing them and putting them in the truck first.

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Lunch bags. roll
LOL umm so you are suggesting lunch bags Breakfast Club Style?

:lol:

tbc-lunch.jpg

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Oh what a neat idea Miss_thenorth! Do you do that to keep the food fresh longer?

(I apologize for my ignorance, I have been living in a tri-fecta toddler bubble for the last four years)

:lol:

ETA: I'm also one of those people that's not afraid to ask questions, b/c I believe someone else is out there that would like to ask, but wont :p

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We use them again at the foodstore or I use them to put things out for Freecycle. WHen DD was younger, we would cut them and use them for wrapping paper. SHe would stamp or color on the brown paper.