what gifts are you making this holiday season?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
MIL is doing better. She in fact is coming over to help me wash eggs cause I am behind in soap inventory for the holidays...hmmm...MIL, who knows ya know..LOL..but all seems fine right now.

WOW---you are smart to know exactly what you have into your quilts so you know what to charge! People love homemade items like quilts cause they can certainly be individualized to each persons want....good deal punpkin.....you go into that new business strong!!!

ya know my old boyfriend way long ago used to race cars. you know how those photographers would capture great moments during the race and sell those photos later, well---there was a lady that said she could transfer any picture into a quilt situation and make one for the owner.
Yes, she did great business and yes they were not cheap but people sure bought them!! People just love their individual race cars etc. made into something they can use...like a quilt.

just saying..LOL

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
MIL is doing better. She in fact is coming over to help me wash eggs cause I am behind in soap inventory for the holidays...hmmm...MIL, who knows ya know..LOL..but all seems fine right now.

WOW---you are smart to know exactly what you have into your quilts so you know what to charge! People love homemade items like quilts cause they can certainly be individualized to each persons want....good deal punpkin.....you go into that new business strong!!!

ya know my old boyfriend way long ago used to race cars. you know how those photographers would capture great moments during the race and sell those photos later, well---there was a lady that said she could transfer any picture into a quilt situation and make one for the owner.
Yes, she did great business and yes they were not cheap but people sure bought them!! People just love their individual race cars etc. made into something they can use...like a quilt.

just saying..LOL
That is a great idea for me!! I take alot of pics of my son and his buddies when they are four wheeler racing. I already have most of the equipment, except the fabric sheets for the printer. If I used 8 x 8 picture blocks, I could put them together very quickly.

Ya know, you should really work for a marketing company . . . you have terrific ideas. :thumbsup

I'm glad your MIL is better! I'll bet the soaps are flying off the shelves for Christmas. If you have an extra minute, jump over to soapmaking101 thread and read my post about scents. I'd really appreciate you opinion.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You need to do a quilt of your son racing....show it off and hand out business cards at those events.....biz will come your way definitely!!!

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ive got a bunch of dryer balls done and plan to make a couple different kinds of cookies and truffles and put in different size containers for Cookie Towers.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I was gonna make stuff, but Amazon had magazine subscription for $5/year and guess what everyone is getting now? LOL

(I did splurge on Dad and got him Mother Earth News...that was $10...but don't tell mom!)

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
ams3651 said:
Ive got a bunch of dryer balls done and plan to make a couple different kinds of cookies and truffles and put in different size containers for Cookie Towers.
Dryer balls? How do you do that?:)

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I was gonna make stuff, but Amazon had magazine subscription for $5/year and guess what everyone is getting now? LOL

(I did splurge on Dad and got him Mother Earth News...that was $10...but don't tell mom!)
Gee WZ, why did you tell me this? I just finished doing bath salts/scrubs..:th Magazines subcripts for $5 yr? Well, I am headed to Amazon now.:cool:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Not sure if they are still on sale, but Real Simple was one of the $5 specials. (Mom is getting that) So was Popular Mechanics (brother is getting that).

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Anyone heard of the game "Farkle"? It is played with 6 dice, really fun and very simple. I think I will make my own sets to give as gifts. I'll print out the directions with a nice computer font and find cute boxes (at goodwill or craft stores) to store the dice. The whole game can be contained in a film canister-sized container...so it will make perfect stocking stuffers.
Oh, yeah! We used to call it "Greed" but always lost the directions. Would you believe my mom just went out and bought the actual game Farkle?:th Anyway, your idea is great!

Latest posts