What hours are you keeping?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I had a dentist appointment at 8:00 am this morning..............
at 7:15, I took two little blue pills....Halcion I believe they are called....
We left the house at 7:45 and I can remember the first 500 ft of the ride.........
next thing I remember is the wife attempting to get me into the dentists office............after that...the next thing I remember is seeing my bed and thinking to myself "boy that sure looks inviting".............
I woke up around 2:30 pm, and had to pee really bad.....and I was in one of those drug induced "fogs" :lol: My day has been shot in the arse ever since.
But on the good side....I remember NOTHING of the dentist visit!
:gig :gig :gig
Does everyone get blue pills for a dentist visit??

If so, I might get my teeth fixed............ I want to remember NOTHING of the dentist visit!!!!!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
SKR8PN said:
I had a dentist appointment at 8:00 am this morning..............
at 7:15, I took two little blue pills....Halcion I believe they are called....
We left the house at 7:45 and I can remember the first 500 ft of the ride.........
next thing I remember is the wife attempting to get me into the dentists office............after that...the next thing I remember is seeing my bed and thinking to myself "boy that sure looks inviting".............
I woke up around 2:30 pm, and had to pee really bad.....and I was in one of those drug induced "fogs" :lol: My day has been shot in the arse ever since.
But on the good side....I remember NOTHING of the dentist visit!
:gig :gig :gig
Does everyone get blue pills for a dentist visit??

If so, I might get my teeth fixed............ I want to remember NOTHING of the dentist visit!!!!!!
I HATE dentists!! On my very first visit to this dentist, I informed him that I had bitten my very first dentist at the ripe old age of 6....and HE could be another notch in my gun stock if he ever hurt me. :lol:
I can set thru a cleaning, but anything more than that he KNOWS to give me drugs. The deeper/longer the work the better the drugs!! :gig

HiDelight

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi I popped over because I am exhausted and found your thread whoo hooo ...want to join in because I am freaking exhausted but I think I am anemic (that happens sometimes and I have to hook up with some iron I think but really should go have a blood test before I start dumping crap in my body guessing ..but really I have felt this way several times and checked and whoops no blood!

anyway
1. what time you are typically getting up? 3-4am and do not want to!2. what time you are typically going to bed? I pass out by 10
3. does that coincide with the sunrise/sunset in your area? not quite 4. how much sleep are you getting? at least 7 hours
5. is it enough? it should be but i want more!
6. are you working outside the homestead? I have to or I would not have a "homestead" :)

thanks for letting me jump in now I have to go back and read more than the first page of this thread ..I just wanted to answer before I fell asleep at 7:30 tonight!

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I get up to an alarm at about 7.30 and go to bed at about 11.45pm.

I work as a full time Mum to 3 boys and a Part Massage Therapist but usually only have time for 2 massages a day.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Rainy days...I clean house...its a non stop job, so I dont work outside the farm. I have plenty to do here. :p
Rainy days (which we don't have in the summer here), really hot days, and super cold winter days are my best house cleaning bets. I go back and forth between whether my time is better spent at home or whether a paycheck for groceries is more important. :/

Frosting -- :D I like to hibernate too.

HiDelight -- I have the same problem. I think I was just trudging along in the warm weather and did not notice until a cloudy day, and a chance to actually sleep in, how exhausted my body was. And it wasn't just from lack of sleep. :/

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am an insomniac have been since I was little so my sleep pattern can vary a lot from time to time. Usually though I try go to bed between 3:30 and 5 am and get back up before 9 am. But honestly most days I get my hubby up for work at 6:30 then go to bed and I am back up usually before 9. Now during the school year I go to bed after my little guy gets on the bus at 8am and get back up between 10 and 10:30 am. I work well on a little sleep, if I sleep more the 5 hours I can be a little grouchy to say the least.

Currently I am a housewife (which I have found is another term for unpaid farm hand lol) and with moving I am doing 90% of the labor to build the new farm. I am also a full time artist though I have not really been painting a lot since my dad got sick last year and truthfully my new farm logo was the first thing I have done since he died in November. It can be just to quite some times, but it's getting easier to not think about it.

I do have times where I will go for up to 3 1/2 days without sleeping then all of a sudden crash for 15 hours and then I am normal for awhile, well as normal as I get :idunno

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Amazing, nightshade . . . I can only imagine how much you could get done in a day if you only needed a few hours of sleep!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I hope that you are able to get back into painting soon. I notice that when I take a break from painting (watercolor -- hobby) I usually have more creative energy when I return to it.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Nightshade, I am truly sorry for your loss too.

I am like you, I can run on little sleep and when I get over 5-6 hours I am groggy and foggy headed.

Good point about taking a break from your art DM, I also find that I am more creative with a little break in between.

I havn't painted since we moved here! :barnie

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
BBH -- what are you waiting for? :hu