What household product can you do without?

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
eggs4sale, one air freshener I cannot give up is febreeze apple & spice! omg that stuff is amazing. We also put an air freshener on our furnace filters, makes the whole darn house smell wonderful lol it costs very little too. I hate those stupid air fresheners you stick in the wall plug.

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Note to self: Never visit Lupinfarm

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
peachykeen said:
I stopped buying toothbrush and cleaners or shampoo. I replaced toothpaste with baking soda (or nothing, just scrubbing) and cleaners with vinegar and water, and shampoo with baking soda and then ACV as a conditioner.
I think we're on the same exact page with that! :thumbsup
Although recently I have been using my own homemade bar of soap and soaping up my head and so far the same results, and less hassle.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
eggs4sale said:
Note to self: Never visit Lupinfarm
hey now! we live in an old house and it can get kinda stinky in here with 6 dogs LOL

one of my neighbours' house smells wonderful. she has cinnamon sticks all over the place and its a wonderful smell. i'd like to just leave cinnamon out but last time i did that, the house cat ate himself silly lol he ate so much cinnamon his poop smelled nice for days haha

i find the best air freshener is the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking :) or gingerbread baking :)

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yes! blackbird, I wash At[Accio] the evil house cat mouser with bar soap from the farmers market lol. he even likes to snack on it sometimes. he was raised on goats milk on a hobby farm near my old house, what can I say... he knows quality when he eats it lol

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
yes! blackbird, I wash At[Accio] the evil house cat mouser with bar soap from the farmers market lol. he even likes to snack on it sometimes. he was raised on goats milk on a hobby farm near my old house, what can I say... he knows quality when he eats it lol
:lol:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Lupin, how many square bales did you say you could carry at once again?
WELLLL it depends on the hay LOL

alfalfa, 2... those things weigh a tonne and ours are 80 pounders for the goats

regular grass hay mix for the horses, about 4 at a time... 2 in each hand

I may try 5 this summer (we get small squares in near the end of our growing season to tide us over until we actually need rounds again), make one into a backpack LOL

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
lupinfarm said:
:lol:
AttACCIO, the cat beast from hell! He is one MEAN cat. I call him ANGRY. He's very angry, and he especially hates one of our poodles in particular, Quesa who he routinely tries to murder. He is a NASTY piece of work. BUT he kills all the meeses (mice) and ... well voles, we have a vole invasion... no more mice, just stinkin' voles.

IMG_1942.jpg

Don't let that sweet kitty catty face fool you!

Whaps, I'm thread jacking now... running far far away!

Hoosiermomma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
eggs4sale, one air freshener I cannot give up is febreeze apple & spice! omg that stuff is amazing. We also put an air freshener on our furnace filters, makes the whole darn house smell wonderful lol it costs very little too. I hate those stupid air fresheners you stick in the wall plug.
You don't necessarily have to give up having the scent of apples and spice. Just put a pot of simmering water on the stove with cut up apple peel and some cinnamon and cloves sprinkled over it. You can have the smell you like but without the chemicals. ;) You could also get cinnamon essential oil, put a few drops on a cotton ball and put them on or in the registers around the house.

Latest posts