What if DH/DW Couldn't?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH made the mistake of asking me if there was anything he could do to help with dinner, lol. He's in the kitchen and I'm on the couch!

It's not that bad for him. I got the broccoli steaming and have the cod in the oven. I have him crushing some ritz crackers for a topping for the fish.

He CAN do this - he just doesn't think he can!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
buttered crumbs? spices too? i've never really did much like that for fish.
I was looking for something a little different. It turned out great!

Loosely based on the following recipe. I didn't do the wine. Just baked the cod in butter with Old Bay seasoning and topped with the buttered crumbs. It was a nice little change and very tasty.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was looking for something a little different. It turned out great!

i really screwed up my wording there as i meant to say that i'd never attempted anything like that but it came out reading like i did not like it at all. i'm pretty sure it would have been good to me. :) i'm glad it came out well. :)

Loosely based on the following recipe. I didn't do the wine. Just baked the cod in butter with Old Bay seasoning and topped with the buttered crumbs. It was a nice little change and very tasty.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
My wide jokingly claims her name is Celtic for "klutz". Moving things around in the refrigerator, she somehow mashed her hand (or the fridge bit her?) HUGE BRUISE. swelling was enough I had to wrap it, ice treatment helped. Down again in bed resting/elevating it

@baymule she got her new favorite local Chinese food for a late lunch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My wide jokingly claims her name is Celtic for "klutz". Moving things around in the refrigerator, she somehow mashed her hand (or the fridge bit her?) HUGE BRUISE. swelling was enough I had to wrap it, ice treatment helped. Down again in bed resting/elevating it

wow, we might be related... i just sneezed again, it did not adjust my back, darnitall...

@baymule she got her new favorite local Chinese food for a late lunch

i have an order in for our favorite place today too, Mom decided she wanted to shop and also to meet my brother for lunch so they are doing that and i am home alone. of course i had a can of lightly smoked sardines (but really they are sprats), put some hot sauce on them and enjoyed for lunch. i may take a nap or just sit here and enjoy looking out the window watching the birdies and not having any music on at all.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie for the pain and bruising, get some Arnicare. It comes in a tube, cream or gel, I like the cream. It is a pain reliever and it helps bruises fade away. It’s great for sore muscles, aches and pain. Do not get in an open cut. Can find at Walmart Walgreens etc.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When DH and I first got together we each had farms we tended to separately. Either of us were able to do it all with no assistance from the other if necessary. He has done both of our chores when I had pneumonia and I have done it when he had an illness but since Ida and both of us having a couple of surgeries and serious diagnosis we have downsized although I have plans of returning home and increasing my previous farming activities. It’s hard to say which of us will go first but I think I can handle everything if my barn is at least fixed back up to it precious glory and my new set up is done up to the point where things can be done conveniently. No more rabbits in cages. I want colony rabbits.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Contemplating this thread this morning as I savor my coffee. As I mentioned in another thread, wife wants to help with the gardening. She basically wants a raised bed waist high that she can tend to.

Based on the last month, I don't have high hopes for what she can contribute effort wise. I don't want to refuse her suggestions/intent, but don't want the added work on me.

Beginning to think I bit off more than I can chew with this place. 🤔