What is the one thing you splurge on?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
African Violets are my least SS hobby/splurge. Fussy little plants require artificial lights, special soil, water treatment, and temperature control. But i love them! 😍

Another splurge is zero waste hygiene products. They are expensive and I can make do without just fine - it just takes more time and energy. I paid $36 for three unscented plastic-free deoderant tubes 🤦‍♀️

Is Lume deoderant for DS14 a want or a need? 🤔 His feet and shoes smelled horrific until Lume. So. Much. Better. I'm dreading when he runs out - his bundle was $75. 😲

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Brahmas. And jerseys. One of our jerseys is from Wisconsin. All of our Brahmas are from out of state show quality breeders. And baby stuff. I will pay more for cotton baby clothes that aren’t and can’t be grown here. That’s another thing. Cotton!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Chickens. Show quality silkies aren't cheap when you need to add new blood. The fluffy little demons need constant rain shelter in my climate and straw or wood chips on the ground in their runs.
Uggh, same here. I bought "show quality" chicks and didnt know enough to count their toes. Thanks to @Cecilia's-life teaching me some basics, I will be Silkie shopping in spring. Chicken math 🤷‍♀️