What is wrong with kids today - or What comes after TWO?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Glad to hear your kids are safe, QA! Hope you weren't paying for their sitting services....
No, they are helping us out since E had his surgery...but I know their dad was MAD that they weren't paying better attention to the kids.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Henrietta23 said:
Be right back, I'm going to check on the kid and the puppy........
:yuckyuck :gig

(BTW..My daughter's best frien Lylia and her big brother Nick were both adopted in Russia...wonderful children. :love)
Same with mine! I won't go on and on, I'll end up hijacking the thread. It tends to be a subject best discussed in PMs sometimes anyway. :/

Both child and puppy are fine. One was playing Wii, one was napping. Then my mother came to pick up the vacuum my DH fixed for her and brought her dog. She's only met the puppy once before and all heck broke loose! All is fine in the end! :D

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Farmfresh said:
How long has the puppy been playing with the Wii? :p
:lol:
Any chance he can get the cord in his mouth!! :lol:
I wish the kid would still nap once in a while. He gave them up when he was three. I miss naps. :(

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Oh do not worry those naps are coming back REAL soon!

When he hits about 12 or so he will want to sleep in until about 12 PM or 1, then when asked to do anything he will be "too tired". He will nap much of the day between MASSIVE meals. These behaviors you will probably recognize from early infancy. Also much like in infancy, your son will lose the ability to clean himself in anyway and be totally dependant on you.

Children at about this time also tend to collect many interesting items many of which seem to fall to the floor at their feet. None of these items smell good and if you forget to prod them along there is a good chance that they may disappear completely under the rubble. (If you thing your last expedition into room cleaning was big...)

Later in the evening you will find your child might seem to experience some hyper-excitability! These traits will manifest themselves by a desperate drive to listen to loud music or play games that go boom into the wee hours of the night. Only a total removal of all electricity and battery storage devices can calm the nerves of a hyper-excited teen. It is a very good idea, especially in the summer months to have a long list of quiet yet physically strenuous activities that must be completed before another feeding is given.

After approximately seven years of this cycle the child should be ready to throw bodily out of your home. At that time they finally can SEE and will amaze you by asking YOU to clean or remove your shoes before entering THEIR abode! :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
:yuckyuck

Oh do not worry those naps are coming back REAL soon!

When he hits about 12 or so he will want to sleep in until about 12 PM or 1, then when asked to do anything he will be "too tired". He will nap much of the day between MASSIVE meals. These behaviors you will probably recognize from early infancy. Also much like in infancy, your son will lose the ability to clean himself in anyway and be totally dependant on you.

Children at about this time also tend to collect many interesting items many of which seem to fall to the floor at their feet. None of these items smell good and if you forget to prod them along there is a good chance that they may disappear completely under the rubble. (If you thing your last expedition into room cleaning was big...)

Later in the evening you will find your child might seem to experience some hyper-excitability! These traits will manifest themselves by a desperate drive to listen to loud music or play games that go boom into the wee hours of the night. Only a total removal of all electricity and battery storage devices can calm the nerves of a hyper-excited teen. It is a very good idea, especially in the summer months to have a long list of quiet yet physically strenuous activities that must be completed before another feeding is given.

After approximately seven years of this cycle the child should be ready to throw bodily out of your home. At that time they finally can SEE and will amaze you by asking YOU to clean or remove your shoes before entering THEIR abode! :D
Absolutely priceless, Farm! :lol: :gig :lol: :weee

AND absolutely spot on! :p