What is wrong with kids today - or What comes after TWO?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
bbh, just wait til she's 14 :ep I bet you haven't had the crying jags jet. "I don't know why I'm crying, I'm just crying". There's nothing to do, but hold 'em and let them cry. It's almost as bad as the "lip" they give you. Or the stomping feet and slamming doors.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
LOL, I am so glad I have a boy. I love my niece to bits, but I am so glad she lives in Iowa! She's almost 15.
I do have a hard time believing DS will ever go through that teenage boy appetite phase. He lives on air. Now if the house was full of junk food he'd eat.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
bbh, just wait til she's 14 :ep I bet you haven't had the crying jags jet. "I don't know why I'm crying, I'm just crying". There's nothing to do, but hold 'em and let them cry. It's almost as bad as the "lip" they give you. Or the stomping feet and slamming doors.
OH GREAT! :/

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
I do have a hard time believing DS will ever go through that teenage boy appetite phase. He lives on air. Now if the house was full of junk food he'd eat.
Just wait. One day he will wake up a little peckish then LOOK OUT!

Reaction score
I have a friend I have known all my life. He lived with a psycho woman that had a newborn girl. They lived together for 8 years before he finally developed the courage to send her away. The daughter now lives with him and she is 13. Between having the psycho mother1 state away and the girl developing a little early and the school she goes to he really has his hands full. Poor guy, he really needs a sane woman in his life. This girl is real smart and is actually great kid, but needs more guidance than he can give. He talks about giving up and letting her live with her mother. If he does this girl will be on the street making money the old fashioned way. I hope he doesn't give up on her.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Big Daddy, that is such a sad story. I also hpe he doesn't give up. Stepson was kidnapped by his mother when he was 10. When we got him back a little over a year later, he was a totally different kid. He had seen and experienced stuff no kid should have to. He had become very angry, sullen and obstinate. SO should have gone to counseling with him. Actually we all should have as a family. But SO didn't think so. I got some counseling, but a lot of good that did for Stepson and SO.
Help your friend stick with it. No matter how tough it gets. Are there support groups he might be interested in?
It's hard enough raising kids. And being a teenager these days. It really stinks when the parents are at odds with each other on top of it.