WHAT is your favorite way to save $?

solarkate

Power Conserver
Reaction score
How do you make laundry soap? :p

love2garden22

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Our latest is giving up paper towels and using hand cloths in the kitchen instead. We used to spend around $ 6.00 a week on paper towels!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Since making a bunch of those from an old flannel sheet, I find them everywhere, they are so handy. I think every coat pocket I own has a couple of little flannel cloths in it! I just have to get some into my car, I am always scrambling for something to wipe things up with since I haven't done fast food in a few years. No more piles of McD's napkins in the glove compartment! :D

alamogirl

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new to this board, but been doing some things for a while. I've been making laundry soap for months now and don't ever plan on going back.

I like to do lots of provident things like sewing my own cloth diapers, canning, gardening, etc etc. But there are some things I just can't give up like my gym membership and the internet! It's all about balance, right?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:welcome alamogirl.

Are you from TX? Well, you are going to like it here if you are already trying to live ss. Lots of very cool folks with tons of GREAT advice!!! :D

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
This time of year, I like to see how infrequently I can go to the store. I stock up on toiletries and try to almost never buy food. These days we've been nearly living on toast, scrambled eggs and fresh veggies :)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I have been reading everyone elses favorites and I feel the same as most. But I think my personal favorite is being able to see how much of what we eat is homegrown. Nothing beats being able to say: "and everything came from the garden"....

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I have been reading everyone elses favorites and I feel the same as most. But I think my personal favorite is being able to see how much of what we eat is homegrown. Nothing beats being able to say: "and everything came from the garden"....
Oh, I love that, too, even if I ate eggs and cheese all day! :lol: