what to do when youre in the wilderness?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't know about you chicks, but when I'm in the wilderness...which is approximately where I've lived for most of my life...I am not too concerned with keeping clean. Not even about a few drops of pee...which is a sterile solution until it comes out of your body.

When I'm in the wilderness I'm sure to be touching many, many dirty things and have little caring when I do so. If I plan to eat something, then I may wash my hands....but then again, I may not.

Depends on if I'm near water.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I don't know about you chicks, but when I'm in the wilderness...which is approximately where I've lived for most of my life...I am not too concerned with keeping clean. Not even about a few drops of pee...which is a sterile solution until it comes out of your body.

When I'm in the wilderness I'm sure to be touching many, many dirty things and have little caring when I do so. If I plan to eat something, then I may wash my hands....but then again, I may not.

Depends on if I'm near water.
Same here. Don't know how many times I'll stop mucking stalls to grab a bite to eat, and normally don't worry about washing my hands. And if I go on a trail ride and take lunch w/me, the last thing I'm concerned w/is washing my hands.

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
The few times I have gone out in the wilderness, I discovered I have terrible aim. :rolleyes: Mabey I just need to practice.

Oh, and uh, I HAVE used poison ivy as tp when I was a little girl. That's how we found out how terribly allergic I am to it! So much for that camping trip.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea I am from the old school of it doesn't bother me not to wash my hands in some situations.

if I get animal blood, feces, etc sure, I want water and soap lol
out in nature, I would grab whatever grasses are around and do as best as I can to wipe off anything icky

but in general, I have gone many times without hand washing from the barn to eating to whatever--I lived

from the original post, I would be more worried about what to wipe with instead of washing my hands after :p

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lol let me expand here, I was at a competitive trail ride.

I was horsemanship judge secretary, and I knew she prob didn't want my few-drop pee hands on her judging binder. Also, were were up in the hills and our ride (with the water) decided to drive a few hills over. Thus, I had to carry the books over a couple hills, of which the only bush area to hide in after the sage field, was occupied by a wahtusee bull. Trust me, I assesed bathroom situations. Last year I didn't go as far and had to pop a squat behind a truck tire because a huge herd of wahtusee with several bulls.

But I totally dig the sage rub over anything else now!! It not only smells good, but is antiseptic, unlike water!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I sure understand the sage rub, but in most situations --what are the chances of peeing near sage all the time hahaha

I haven't peed outside near sage :lol:

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh,,,,,,the joys of being a man. The whole world is our urinal, and we have a built in spout that comes in handy when you want to write your name in the snow! :weee

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Aim well, drip dry, no wash!! I don't go in the woods, I go in the desert. I'm not wiping with a cactus!!! :barnie

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have absolutely nothing to contribute but......:lol:

Thanks, I need to find this first thing this morning.