what to do when youre in the wilderness?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Heck, I've even pooped in a certain number of horse stalls over the years (barns without washrooms, and yes, I took the deposit out to the manure pile and buried it, didn't just *leave* it in the stall ) and you just grab a handful of hay and sort of wind it up into a wad, and use that
Yep--done that ! I keep bugging hubs we need an outhouse here, he's like--Why? you just go in the horse stall anyways.

I've spent many a summer and winter out in the bush--never worried about wiping. It's drip dry for me. The only time this gets a bit old is when you're snowmobiling in -40 C and have to go. Then you have to take off your coat, and drop your snowpants and bear your hiney to the wind, and hope the droplets don't freeze on you. ;)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
MTN- " I've spent many a summer and winter out in the bush--never worried about wiping. It's drip dry for me. The only time this gets a bit old is when you're snowmobiling in -40 C and have to go. Then you have to take off your coat, and drop your snowpants and bear your hiney to the wind, and hope the droplets don't freeze on you. wink "
:ep NOoooooooooo ! Bad ice crystals. :rant Stay away from there!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I've been known if I'm cleaning stalls to squat over the manure bucket. Means I don't have to clean it up afterward.
Wow, that is a terrific idea! Mental note made, for sure! :p

Pat

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
shake your arse and keep on going.... I don't wipe with leaves cause my aunt did that with poison ivy once....THAT was a fun doctor's visit :lol:

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Drip-dry all the way here. I'd much rather have a bit of me own pee on me than crumpled up, dry, crusty leaf bits, with bug poop or whatever else on them, tucked neatly away in the folds of my personal bits. NO THANKS!!! It's bad enough to get migratory sand in weird places when you visit a beach, but to find random leaf bits in your arse crack?! I either drip dry, squeeze my cheeks together or grab the toilet paper, cleverly disguised as napkins (ok, they ARE napkins, but that's not what they're there for), out of my car and wipe. I admit, when I use napkins, I litter... No way am I carting pee soaked napkins around with me. :/ I'm actually one who prefers to pull over on a rural road to pee vs peein in a public restroom.

Oop, as far as hand washing... as others have said, I've got the germs of worms, guts, blood and other nasty stuff in my car and well, my own little germies really don't phase me.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever wiped from peeing in the woods, but solid waste sometimes does IMO require a bit of cleanup after, at least a good squeegeeing with a stick :p

Pat

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
I don't think I've ever wiped from peeing in the woods, but solid waste sometimes does IMO require a bit of cleanup after, at least a good squeegeeing with a stick :p

Pat
:lol: Oh my god. I swear we're all nuts!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'd much rather have a bit of me own pee on me than crumpled up, dry, crusty leaf bits, with bug poop or whatever else on them, tucked neatly away in the folds of my personal bits. NO THANKS!!!
:lol: :gig :gig :lol:

I have GOT to use that expression sometime soon!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: