What to do with old clothes?

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
sylvie said:
I use old jean legs for a tug of war toy for my dog. Usually tie one knot in it. It doesn't shred like those thready toys from the store. It washes up nicely.
Oh WOW! I didn't think about that! What a wonderful idea Sylvie!!!

I have just the dog for that idea!!! Thank you!
That sounds like an awesome idea. Sadly, I couldn't use my husband's jeans for that. Because he works in a kitchen, his pants get stained with grease. He made the mistake of leaving one of his work shirts on the floor to the laundry room. It now has a good corner chewed off and ate it.... Yes, he still wears it and looks like he got mauled by something. LOL

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wolf-Kim said:
big brown horse said:
sylvie said:
I use old jean legs for a tug of war toy for my dog. Usually tie one knot in it. It doesn't shred like those thready toys from the store. It washes up nicely.
Oh WOW! I didn't think about that! What a wonderful idea Sylvie!!!

I have just the dog for that idea!!! Thank you!
That sounds like an awesome idea. Sadly, I couldn't use my husband's jeans for that. Because he works in a kitchen, his pants get stained with grease. He made the mistake of leaving one of his work shirts on the floor to the laundry room. It now has a good corner chewed off and ate it.... Yes, he still wears it and looks like he got mauled by something. LOL
:gig

I just finished my dog's new chew toy made out of blue jeans. I tied one of her tennis balls into the leg and she loves it!!

Thanks for the great idea!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Pictures??? I would love to see pictures of these chew toys!!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I just finished my dog's new chew toy made out of blue jeans. I tied one of her tennis balls into the leg and she loves it!!

Thanks for the great idea!
That was fast! You are most welcome! :D
I'll have to try the tennis ball, my girl would go :ya over that.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My good stuff, that I've "grown" out of ....:rolleyes:.... I usually freecycle. I try to give it to ladies that work, but just don't have the money to go shopping. I know good will is good too, but I like to know I'm actually helping someone.

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
We're pretty hard on clothes at my house. And i've been having similar thoughts about continuing to get use out of my clothes after i've patched them and washed them and used them for "chicken clothes" and patched them again, and they still aren't going to cut it.

I've only come to a few conclusions.

1. holey socks are the best duster cloths ever!
2. old pantyhose have a million uses - specifically they're great for keeping the little critters that little boys collect in jars - ALIVE. Just push the stocking over the top of the jar instead of a lid.
3. the few pieces of my old worn clothes that aren't worn through can be cut out and used as patches for other clothes i'm not done wearing out yet.

As to jeans, i usually wear out the thighs and the cuffs. Everything else is fine, so i've decided i'm going to start saving the good material and see what opportunity pops up. Maybe i will make a blanket. Or drapes. Who knows?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Drapes, now tht sunds good too. you could do stipes or strips of denim. Would provide good insulation too.

I love the dog toy idea!!!. Now I have to find and old pair of beat up jeans to use. SO probably has some.