What would you charge? **UPDATE** $6/hour....

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My MIL does that for a living. She usually makes between $7-9 an hour. If they like you, you can usually get extra hours pretty easily and a raise if they really like you and want to keep you badly enough. Seems to be very steady work as many people are living longer and wanting to stay in their own homes. Some folks she has worked for have paid under the table. You may not want that though if you need to be paying into SS/Medicare for yourself.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My mil did this and she was a retired nurse. Now this was in Louisiana and she really got only minimum wage or slightly above. One job she had she had to quit because of the cost of driving for only a few hours a day. In Illinois we had to hire someone to help with my grandmother and she was paid $400 a week for 5 days around 7-8 hours a day. This was over 10 years ago and in a more prosperous area. I hope you can find someone in your area to tell you what the going rate is where you live. Personally I would think around $10 an hour.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I took it. $6 an hour. I am sooooo gonna hate this job :hit

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
$6?!?!

Are you sure there isn't a Domino's hiring? With tips and mileage you get closer to $12 :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
$6?!?!

Are you sure there isn't a Domino's hiring? With tips and mileage you get closer to $12 :p
NOTHING hiring. Apps in everywhere updated every month etc. etc. I'm gonna hurl :th I have a weak stomach....puppy poo gags me...so ummm...wish me luck maybe? :hu

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
$6 is way low seriously for this work but if you need cash, then any job and any wage is a plus. If you do not "truly" need this money, then I wouldn't do this job for $6

but it is all relative obviously, cause if I had too, I would work minimum wage doing "almost anything" if I had to have a paycheck.

but if I didn't truly need the cash, I wouldn't do this to myself. Hard work for low pay. Hmm...the American dream right? lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
$6 is way low seriously for this work but if you need cash, then any job and any wage is a plus. If you do not "truly" need this money, then I wouldn't do this job for $6

but it is all relative obviously, cause if I had too, I would work minimum wage doing "almost anything" if I had to have a paycheck.

but if I didn't truly need the cash, I wouldn't do this to myself. Hard work for low pay. Hmm...the American dream right? lol
American dream...no...my nightmare...yeah :p

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yeah...6 is better than ZERO.

You can do it! Get a nose clip if you have to....and demand they provide gloves! LOL

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hardly know what to say! :th Maybe if they like you they will give you a raise. The job market is bad now so they have you over a barrel. This can be a job from God in two ways. At least it is a job and you can be a blessing for that family. :)

Latest posts