What would you charge? **UPDATE** $6/hour....

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I would do it too. If it were for my family, I would do anything, and you need hydro and need to pay the bills. the poopy butts would be the only bad part, but just like changing poopy baby butts - you get used to it. I applaud you on your decision to do what is best for your family.

And I truly believe God has a purpose for everything. This might be a blessing in disguise. Just remember by doing this you are serving God.

I think yo need to feel at peace with this decision and boo to all the nay sayers. Congrats!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Well...how's this for a change of pace? I haven't been called because she's back in the hospital. She has the flu :hit Please pray for her if you all pray. Now I feel selfish for worrying about myself :hide
Is that smiting tool still laying around on BYC.... :th

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Be careful that you're not paying more in than what you're getting out of it. After your travel expenses, if your insurance increases due to increased milage, oil changes, etc. Some you may be able to overlook for now, since you need money and can hope for more money in the future, like the insurance, oil changes, etc. But gas is going to hit you now. Lunches might cost you a little more (depends on you), and if you have to buy your own supplies (disposable gloves, disposable aprons if needed, etc)... Just make sure that you know your costs upfront. Try to work longer days if you can, to cut down the milage per hour, etc.
Get cracking now on the other stuff that you can sell on Etsy. Try to keep ten bucks at all times for shipping, unless you have the online account to pay shipping online and printer ink, lol. I know how much it sucks to be stuck. :/
Good luck with everything!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Well...how's this for a change of pace? I haven't been called because she's back in the hospital. She has the flu :hit Please pray for her if you all pray. Now I feel selfish for worrying about myself :hide
:smack I already feel bad enough!!! I've got things to do today since I aint workin!!! :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Be careful that you're not paying more in than what you're getting out of it. After your travel expenses, if your insurance increases due to increased milage, oil changes, etc. Some you may be able to overlook for now, since you need money and can hope for more money in the future, like the insurance, oil changes, etc. But gas is going to hit you now. Lunches might cost you a little more (depends on you), and if you have to buy your own supplies (disposable gloves, disposable aprons if needed, etc)... Just make sure that you know your costs upfront. Try to work longer days if you can, to cut down the milage per hour, etc.
Get cracking now on the other stuff that you can sell on Etsy. Try to keep ten bucks at all times for shipping, unless you have the online account to pay shipping online and printer ink, lol. I know how much it sucks to be stuck. :/
Good luck with everything!
I think I have to buy all my supplies. I do have some gloves already though from when we had the travel trailer, we used them when we emptied the "stank tank" :p So, at least I have that already, but will have to get more soon.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
:smack I already feel bad enough!!! I've got things to do today since I aint workin!!! :p
Then why are you here online? :plbb Go get to it!!!! :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
adoptedbyachicken said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Alrighty then...going over to BYC to borrow a smiting stick!!!

:lol:
So the new title stuck, after all? :celebrate

"LMS" :gig

It wasn't me... :hide
Ok, OK, I admit, it was me. ;)

If you don't like it I can get rid of it too.
WE in the audience like it!!!!

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Are you sure????? It was yours for a bit. I was moderating before coffee and misread the thread discussion. Figured it out a bit later and fixed it.

Besides, this thread is now prime for anyone suggesting your new title.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
adoptedbyachicken said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Alrighty then...going over to BYC to borrow a smiting stick!!!

So the new title stuck, after all? :celebrate

"LMS" :gig

It wasn't me... :hide
Ok, OK, I admit, it was me. ;)

If you don't like it I can get rid of it too.
I like it but just don't tell Jamie that :lol: ;)

To:Jamie

:tongue