What would you charge? **UPDATE** $6/hour....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
deb4o said:
I have been a caregiver for over 10 years, and in WA state we are union and I make 11.50 an hr. and I am at the top end of my company pay scale, we also get some good bennies such as med insurance that is really very good.

Wiping hinnies doesn't get any more fun over the years, but the time you get to spend with some really wonderful people far out wieghs the smelly times.

I applaud you for taking a job that is not a walk in the park to help out your family.

Give your guys credit,the house will still be standing when you get home.

Relax and have fun!
Thanks! I really appreciate every comment and how supportive everyone is here. :hugs

Except Jamie. :p

JUST KIDDING JAMIE!!!! :hugs You make me laugh :plbb

Rozzie

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
For $6 per hour, make sure the housework is really, REALLY light. I wouldn't be moving furniture or scrubbing grout...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Hey stop that before that name sticks will ya?!?!?! :p

:lol: :lol:
Where's that button to send a PM to Nifty..... ? :lol:
Alrighty then...going over to BYC to borrow a smiting stick!!!

:lol:
So the new title stuck, after all? :celebrate

"LMS" :gig

It wasn't me... :hide

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Where's that button to send a PM to Nifty..... ? :lol:
Alrighty then...going over to BYC to borrow a smiting stick!!!

:lol:
So the new title stuck, after all? :celebrate

"LMS" :gig

It wasn't me... :hide
:smack YES YOU DID!! Just wait till I get my hands on you!!! :gig

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Catch me if you can. :plbb

I see over on BYC that this gig starts tomorrow?

Good luck, sister!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Gig hasn't started :idunno Now I'm wondering if I asked too much money.....:barnie He said the "other girls" were working for less. I have no clue how :hu I live 20+ miles away, and gas is going up...maybe I shoulc call and say $5/hr would be okay? :idunno :he

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Absolutely freaking not!!! I just started as a Personal Care Aide. I get paid $8.25/hr, plus milage. I would not work for $5 an hour without milage, even if it IS under the table. My income is something like $5.66/hr after taxes are taken out, BUT I get all of my taxes back, so my actual truely is closer to $8/hr after tax returns (I let them take my taxes out because I am NOT a saver.) So even $6/hr under the table is iffy, especially if they're not paying milage, wear and tear, supplies, etc. You'll need gloves and such for doing the personal care, and it can be a lot more demanding than you'd expect. You may not have any down time at all do do your own things. Plus they may call you out of the blue to come on a day you're not supposed to work and help them out with something that they NEED you for. Let them take advantage of the girls who are willing to accept dirt for pay.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Under normal circumstance I would not think of taking it But...my lights are going to get shut off. I owe $230. I have a house payment due tomorrow $535, phone due the 6th $95....we haven't had ANY income in a month, not a penny. Couldn't even get DD13 anything for Christmas....I can't NOT take it even if it is wayy low pay. This is depressing and pathetic, but I truly have no choice but to offer to take less. :idunno

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well...how's this for a change of pace? I haven't been called because she's back in the hospital. She has the flu :hit Please pray for her if you all pray. Now I feel selfish for worrying about myself :hide