What's everyone doing for "earth day?"

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
BBQing a spotted owl. Canning snail darters in olive oil. Maybe I will grill some dolphin....

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
BBQing a spotted owl. Canning snail darters in olive oil. Maybe I will grill some dolphin....
Where do you come up with these ideas? :lol:

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is more for our cost containment but it is also a reduction in the use of natural resources.

I have a heavy duty 90 amp single phase electric timer switch. I got it out of a discarded pile of junk at a jobsite about 10 years ago. I have also been collecting discarded fiberglass insulation pieces. Yesterday morning I added 6" of insulation around our electric water heater. I wired the timer into the electric circuit to the water heater. Now our water heater shuts off every evening at 8 PM and turns back on at 8 AM. This morning at 7:45 AM I checked the water temperature at the discharge of the water heater and it was still at 96 degrees. That's after being off for 12 hours. Our hot water thermostat is set at 120 degrees.

Cha-ching.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This morning, women's Bible study, afternoon ds has cub scouts, evening, dd has an orchestra performance, after that, bed. In between all those things, cleaning the house.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
burnin' some tires.... pouring some oil on the ground.... hunting down the spotted newt and feedin' 'em to the hens....

heee hee hee hee hee hee