Whats for Dinner?

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tonight we had spegetti with my first home made spegetti sauce from this morning. It was SPECTACULAR! Even the picky 3 yr old cleaned his place with his cheesy texas toast. When we make Spegetti we go all out too...Added Hamburger, onion, green pepper and mushrooms to the homemade sauce which was very flavorful. I will be making more and more Im sure. I asked my Df is he thought if getting a pasta maker and making my own pasta would be cost effective...He said no??

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We had pizza. I made freezer bread dough this morning, enough for 4 loaves of bread. I set aside one loaf for tonight's pizza. SO cut that in half for one pizza for the two of us. We used my thick tomato sauce I made last summer (it took 3 days to make it) and sliced tomatoes, peppers, onions and garlic from the garden. The cheese and mushrooms were store bought. I made a cucumber salad as well. Desert will consist of fresh fruit as always. Snack will probably be dried fruit and nuts or popcorn.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
jenlyn9483 said:
Tonight we had spegetti with my first home made spegetti sauce from this morning. It was SPECTACULAR! Even the picky 3 yr old cleaned his place with his cheesy texas toast. When we make Spegetti we go all out too...Added Hamburger, onion, green pepper and mushrooms to the homemade sauce which was very flavorful. I will be making more and more Im sure. I asked my Df is he thought if getting a pasta maker and making my own pasta would be cost effective...He said no??
I made almost the exact same dinner two days ago. Home made sauce with all the garden thrown in. I used some boxed noodle from the pantry. Have you made home made pasta before. I though about a noodle for stew and soups. But your dh is probably right with the labor involved a 99 cent box of pasta might be easier. :idunno

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Gina,

I used to make home made pasta all the time, I loved it! I have a pasta maker which mixes the dough and then extrudes it into a variety of shapes. I hadn't used that thing in years so I busted it out recently and made a batch....my younger two thought the pasta was awful because it is a bit denser.

If you have plenty of flour on hand and a little time it is actually fun :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dace said:
Hey Gina,

I used to make home made pasta all the time, I loved it! I have a pasta maker which mixes the dough and then extrudes it into a variety of shapes. I hadn't used that thing in years so I busted it out recently and made a batch....my younger two thought the pasta was awful because it is a bit denser.

If you have plenty of flour on hand and a little time it is actually fun :)
Thanks dace. maybe I'll give it a try. Sounds like a perfect project for me and the preschooler!!!:D

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Dace, I think we have a pasta machine around somewhere. We also have ahuge bag of flour. I should try to find the machine and make some noodles. Actually, my grandmother used to make a noodle type dough and it wasn't all that difficult. I should make some. Right after dehydrating a bushel of tomatoes, pickling another bushel of cukes, freezing the green beans etc.... :lol: