Whats for Dinner?

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we are in the process of getting snowed it, scalloped potatoes with little smokies in the crockpot sounds good.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
ams3651 said:
we are in the process of getting snowed it, scalloped potatoes with little smokies in the crockpot sounds good.
That does sound good. :drool

What time should I be there? :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ams
snowed in? yikes...our sun came out and it is 60 something out there. I feel for you.

Do you think you will lose power? Is it that bad?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
very simple tonight

baked chicken
some type of veggie
some type of tater for Tony and Nicole
giant salad for me

dessert will be a few cupcakes that Nicole MADE me by when I stopped at the store for milk.......Did very well at the store, only $53 for this week. I am trying..LOL

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
An arctic freeze is upon us in N. IN. It never got above 0 yesterday with wind chills -25.

Saturday I used a ham bone from the freezer for Bean Soup. Of course we had to have cornbread, too.

Sunday, we had Barbequed ham sandwiches, on homemade Kaiser rolls and fried potatoes. (We had this old cured ham in the freezer that we didn't know what to do with it. We had cooked the other one and it wasn't the smoked hams we are used to (used a different butcher). So, not wanting to waste, I tried slow cooking it with some spices, cooled, sliced and cut and then simmered in barbeque sauce. It was good this way.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tues will be beef stew.
put on a big crockpot and it will be the food in between all the other food for the rest of the week...LOL

truly I am sick of food by now....

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I've gotten so many great dinner ideas from this thread and now that we are full swing into summer, I'm looking for more!
Tonight I brought home a pizza. Someone please inspire me with what you made for dinner!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
sylvie said:
I've gotten so many great dinner ideas from this thread and now that we are full swing into summer, I'm looking for more!
Tonight I brought home a pizza. Someone please inspire me with what you made for dinner!
Go read the Zucchini thread. I just posted our dinner recipe. :frow

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Don't know about tonight. It is still awfully hot. too hot to cook.

Yesterday I was really glad that I cooked up a lot of potatoes the day before. So I boiled up some eggs and made potato salad. I shredded some zucchini and carrots into it also. SO didn't even notice the zucchini ;). I also added the vinegar from my home made mustard pickles and two slices of the mustard pickle chopped up real small. I chopped up a small red onion from the garden also and added a large spoon of mayo. It came out very good. The shredded carrots gave it a nice bit of crunch.
I've been eating leftovers all day and fresh fruit. So I'm not very hungry right now.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I finally got brave enough to just cook the darn thing last night. :rolleyes:

We had a deer heart in the freezer that we just didn't know how to handle. We didn't want it to be tough & chewy. After some reading, I decided the best way was to slice it almost paper thin, season, flour & pan fry it. Whooo-ey it was surprisingly good, nice & crunchy, not tough or chewy at all. Added buttered boiled potatoes and green beans with garlic & pepper. Nummy num

Tonight, it will be eggplant parmesan, grilled pork chops and whatever green veggie I can find at the farmer's market. Maybe kale or spinach sauted in butter with onions & garlic.