Whats for dinner?

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need some inspiration, I am in the :idunno stage today. So please share your menu favorites.
Nancy

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We're having grilled catfish, steak, and shrimp tonight. :) I dunno how it's gonna turn out, but it sounds good. :hu I picked some fresh green beans from the garden, and am making potato salad, and a yellow cake to go with. Almost all new recipes....hoping it turns out well ;)

One of our favorites is homemade pizza, and hotwings, with jalapeno poppers on the side.

Then there is the ever popular Shepherd's Pie. Or squash casserole, or spaghetti, or good old beans, fried potatoes, and cornbread, with maybe some fried okra too, or fried chicken.

Crap.....I'm hungry!! :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Baked Spaghetti

Quart of Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Pound of Spaghetti Noodles
Pound of Hamburger
Shredded Mozarella Cheese

1. Fry hamburger until done, drain grease off. While frying the burger, begin boiling the pasta.
2. Mix in spaghetti sauce in the hamburger, and warm.
3. Grease a baking dish (w/lid preferably), sprinkle cheese on bottom.
4. Add a layer of pasta, and then ladle warm meat sauce over pasta. Then lightly sprinkle cheese over the layer.
5. Repeat step 4 until out of room/ingredients.
6. Generously sprinkle cheese on the top of the last layer.
7. Bake at 350 until cheese is completely melted.

This is one of my favorite things to eat!! This makes A LOT! But the leftovers are better than the first round. So this will make excellent lunches tomorrow or supper tomorrow night. The cheese can be any shredded cheese, but mozarella is the best to use.

We like this better than actual spaghetti.....

Very tasty with a fresh garden salad and garlic bread...

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
We're having grilled catfish, steak, and shrimp tonight. :) I dunno how it's gonna turn out, but it sounds good. :hu I picked some fresh green beans from the garden, and am making potato salad, and a yellow cake to go with. Almost all new recipes....hoping it turns out well ;)

One of our favorites is homemade pizza, and hotwings, with jalapeno poppers on the side.

Then there is the ever popular Shepherd's Pie. Or squash casserole, or spaghetti, or good old beans, fried potatoes, and cornbread, with maybe some fried okra too, or fried chicken.

Crap.....I'm hungry!! :lol:
Ummmm thats sounds good! We are having homemade pizza tonight and I am anxiously looking forward to it :D

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds good BB, I will definitely be saving the baked spaghetti to my recipe file. The family will love it. Potato salad sounds good, it's been a while since I made any.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tonight is Chicken Pot Pie, we had Roast Chicken on Sunday night after which I pulled the leftover meat off the bones and made chicken stock by simmering the bones in water for several hours with an onion and some carrots.

Chicken Pot Pie

2 cups cooked chicken, chopped/cubed
2 cups chicken stock
1 onion, chopped
Rosemary, salt & pepper to taste
2 cups mixed veggies
(tonight we'll have carrots, parsnips, peas, corn)
4 potatoes, cubed

Bake in casserole dish (no lid!) until hot and bubbly and veggies are starting to get tender, stir in ~1 tbsp flour to thicken, cover with pastry or biscuit/dumpling top and bake till golden.

Tonight we'll do biscuits because they are faster than rolling out pastry--just mix up and drop by spoonfuls to cover top of casserole dish.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Buff I do that spaghetti bake too, except I just mix everything up together(sauce & pasta), and then add a LOT of cheese on top, and sometimes some breadcrumbs to the top of that. The second day is really good! I love it!

I'm not doing green beans, grilled asparagus instead....forgot I had that.. :lol:

I have the cake done, and the fish marinating in the seasonings. The eggs are boiled, just gotta peel those, and cook the taters, and get everything together for the potato salad. I have made a royal mess of the kitchen today :p

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WBF, do you make your own poppers? Golly, I'd love to make some homemade ones... They're expensive in the store!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
WBF, do you make your own poppers? Golly, I'd love to make some homemade ones... They're expensive in the store!
Yeah. I just made a sour cream/shredded cheese filling and rolled them in breadcrumbs and froze them :) They are DELIICIOUS :drool

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We ended up doing taco/burritos for dinner.
Nothing new but it was good.