What's for dinner?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
View attachment 8577
Home made Venison & Potatoe Pirogies!!
A lot of work but boy are they worth it!!!!!
And we use the left over potato meat insides to make a Casserole the next night, just add Peas and Corn and sprinkle more cheese on top!

Man and here I am eating homemade canned chicken soup and salterns.
IMG_20181007_190545608.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had cod, clams, broccoli and butternut squash. I cooked some chicken thighs for lunch next week while the oven was hot. Stupid camera is full of pics...need to delete some before I can take more.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! I told my husband you ate dolphin and he said "no, not that dolphin", lol. His family has a vacation home in Florida, he is more on top of these things than me!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh i totally agree on the freezing, was went more to dont buy canned or some store bought conch. And alot of restaurants try to pass other types of meats as conch. And for the first time definitely try fresh, so worth it.
For sure freezing works great, and yes in water is the best way if not the seeling bags. Most charters will package them that way to keep them "fresher" for the client.

Pretty much off topic but for some reason it came to mind. My son used to live in northern Florida. I went to go visit and for some odd reason we ended up in a bar because the food was good there. Well there was a band play and when we walked in the door they just stopped mid song. Then everyone turned around and.looked at us. It was very uncomfortable... We eventually made our way to the bar and the first thing the guy next to me said he was form "LA". I thought to myself boy this guy is a long ways away from home. Then my son explained to me that that "LA" means Lower Alabama and not Los Angeles California. It was a hick bar forsure, food was good though.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My stomach is stressed today, so I'm eating in instalments. Dinner part #1

IMG_20181008_194554.jpg