What's for dinner?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Local butcher made hot Italian sausage with fried pepper and onions.

Wife overdid the dry rub on the ribs. Not good. Not sure what she was thinking

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
we will be having chicken, a rice dish and some fruit.

I really want some lettuce for salads but all the recalls scare me, and we just aren't quite warm enough to grow some, lol
Are there any local growers near you? Local food stores? We have local hydroponic lettuce in grocery stores here.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I pressure cook it whole in my Instant Pot. Might sprinkle some seasoning on it, but I keep it pretty bland so I can use the meat in different flavor dishes, like stir fry and fajitas.

oh, ok, so you're familiar with the flavor of it. :)

so for the stew above you just use some of the meat with fried onions and garlic and the added spices of rosemary and basil and then steam up the vegetables and plop in the tomatos at the end...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dinner here was tasty but a bit too dry. baked beans that needed more sauce to begin with and then i put some dried basil on top and some grated parmesian cheese. so it was pretty much like eating sawdust. tasty sawdust. i was too lazy to get back up and deal with that so i just had some water after i was done to wash it down...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Didn't make the soup for dinner yesterday. I have hives and they were getting worse. Husband had leftovers from Saturday.

My lips swelled overnight, and got up looking like a botox gone wrong. A little better now, since I've taken more diphenhydramine, and the house is cold.

I've had adzuki beans soaking since yesterday, so the plan is beans and wild rice, with ??? I don't know if I'll eat though.