What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yum! Sounds good. I need to see if I have a brisket in the freezer for this weekend.

No idea what we will have tonight. I might see if I can find a spaghetti squash or two and cover it with meat sauce and a whole lotta cheese!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You know, turkey is a very economical meat. Too many people don't cook it because of the size and quantity they have but, it is quite versatile. Soups, casseroles, BBQ, sandwiches. It needs to be cooked more often and worked into more than one day. Quess that's why so many use chicken instead -- quantity. But turkey does taste a little different.

That said, I'd like some beef tonight. :D Just got a taste for it.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I made what was supposed to be white chicken chili tonight from a new recipe, but substituted turkey. But it ended up more like a turkey soup rather than chili. The flavor was good, but I'm still hungry for white chicken chili. :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Country homesteader the tortillas are Mission brand, Carb Balance. They are a soft tortilla,but can be fried if you prefer a crisp shell of course.

Tonight I'm dicing up the leftover liver and cooking up in some scrambled eggs with salsa. Green salad on the side.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
See, we are among the few who LIKE liver. DS doesn't, so I hold off for days when he is not going to be home for dinner. That makes it even more of a treat. For me it started when I got hepatitis as a child- which led to anemia. Over time, iron rich foods like liver, broccoli, and black-strap molasses became comfort foods.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You would get along GREAT with my mother seeing how she loves liver.
I can't even handle the smell it has while its cooking.
If you only knew what the liver actually does, I don't think you would eat it.
You can get iron from other meats besides just that nasty stuff you love.
20 yrs ago while pregnant with my son I ended up with anemia but I still wouldn't eat liver!
That is one meat no matter how it's cooked I won't eat it!!!!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I cook chicken and pork liver for the dogs. I can't stand the smell, and I have issues with the texture... I haven't been remotely tempted to try either one. But I know people that absolutely love it!