What's for dinner?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That looks like a nice pizza! I'm going to try that sometime. DS and I both love cheese and pizza. Thanks for sharing!

Just fair warning... I usually eat a whole large pizza minus 2 slices. But this almond flour, oat fiber, mozzarella cheese crust pizza - it was all I could do to finish 3 slices. It's very filling unlike wheat dough crust pizza. The only difference is the crust.

Last edited:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
IMG_20171001_184430.jpg

Baked Spaghetti Squash with Meat sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Evening, my fellow sufficient self members!
I'm hoping one of you maybe able to assist me. I was looking online for a homemade beef pot pie recipe (which I found an abundance of). All those recipes call for an all ready refrigerated pie crust. I don't want to use the ready made crust because of all the preservatives. I don't have and am not able to get buttermilk. I have Crisco but it's not the sticks and I have margarine. Has anyone tried to make homemade beef (or any kind of meat) pot pies? If so, what kind of crust did you use?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is the one I use. It's supposedly a pat-in type of crust, but I put it between 2 sheets of wax paper or parchment paper and roll it out. The cream cheese seems to help it hold together. Using the fat at room temperature doesn't give you the flaky texture that cold fat does, but it's easier to keep from getting tough.

Recipe makes 2 pie crusts for a 9 inch pie

• 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature (or use salted butter and skip the added salt)
  • 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) cream cheese, at room temperature
I prefer using butter, lard, or even olive oil instead of Crisco or margerine; I don't like the hydrogenated fats, and margarine uses questionable forms of oil (like soy or canola).