What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A whole lotta soup!! I make a good amount but, only half of that. 😵‍💫 But cooking for only one person.

Now, I'm feeling like a pot of split pea today. Have ham broth and all needed for a couple bags of them to make up a good amount. Eat and freeze. 😁 Yep. A friend is having her rheumatoid arthritis flare up this week -- wrists and shoulders bad. I'll take some to her. Make some biscuits to go with too.👍

Better get on it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A whole lotta soup!! I make a good amount but, only half of that. 😵‍💫 But cooking for only one person.

Now, I'm feeling like a pot of split pea today. Have ham broth and all needed for a couple bags of them to make up a good amount. Eat and freeze. 😁 Yep. A friend is having her rheumatoid arthritis flare up this week -- wrists and shoulders bad. I'll take some to her. Make some biscuits to go with too.👍

Better get on it.

i hope it turned out great! i love split pea and ham soup!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Black-eyed peas, cabbage, and corn bread of course! Most likely a sausage link or ham to go with.

Google says:

Black-Eyed Peas, Greens, and Cornbread

Even folks who aren't from the Southern United States go all in on eating black-eyed peas and leafy greens for good luck on New Year's Day. Add a slice of cornbread, and you've got "peas for pennies, greens for dollars, and cornbread for gold."

Sounds good to me!

Latest posts