What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Canned pineapple, green pepper slices, mac n cheese, brats, lasagna soup, blueberries, roasted cabbage and broccoli. DH had granola.

We are eating down the pantry of all the random weird odds and ends.

all of that sounds good. we had a bunch of stuff given to us so it's been fun trying some different things i'd otherwise not have tasted. parmesian cheese crisps/wafers. edible but really need something to put them in. pea thingies:

which i actually like, they do taste like peas! i love 'em. Mom hates 'em. :)

cereals of a few kinds. so i'm set for breakfast for a while, etc.

i'd seen Kashi cereal before but never tried it. tastes like Shredded Wheat. several flavors. will take me a month to eat all this.

leftover beef stroganoff is still around for a few more days. Mom thinks i can eat about three times more than i really can. coleslaw for dessert. it was very good with hot sauce, vinegar and peanuts. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bacon, mushroom, spinach frittata. Definitely need to use up some eggs. (why did I hatch more chickens?) I got one batch of spinach from the garden. ONE...but hey - that's more than I usually get, lol. I literally cannot grow spinach here. With so many other greens options I doubt I'll ever plant another spinach seed.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh...my chili yesterday came totally from on hand food -- frozen and canned. I emptied 4 jars in the process. 😁👍. Of course, about 1.5 qt was frozen for heat and eat, plus another qt in frig for later in week -- and I fed DS and a friend from the pot that day.

Today, baked chicken, spuds, gravy and brussel sprouts. :drool. Plus some biscuits, with extra to heat for breakfast with sausage & eggs. Maybe a quiche while hot oven. Love that.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tah Dah!

A9306C10-1241-4146-87DB-2F71A4BC8A9B.jpeg