What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had crawfish. I bought it pre-cooked and frozen. Not a mistake I'll make again. It wasn't horrible - but not nearly enough seasoning! I added more but couldn't get it to the level it needed to be for us. At previous boils we'd start with really spicy water and then let the mud bugs soak it up as they boil. Then we'd layer the crawfish in an ice chest with lots more spices before eating 'em. Can't forget the 'taters, corn and occasional artichoke too. That's how it's done around here, lol.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
We had crawfish. I bought it pre-cooked and frozen. Not a mistake I'll make again. It wasn't horrible - but not nearly enough seasoning! I added more but couldn't get it to the level it needed to be for us. At previous boils we'd start with really spicy water and then let the mud bugs soak it up as they boil. Then we'd layer the crawfish in an ice chest with lots more spices before eating 'em. Can't forget the 'taters, corn and occasional artichoke too. That's how it's done around here, lol.
Mississippi vs Texas boil battle needed? I found a crawfish company that ships live, even to Ohio. Pricey, but wife was impressed with their online video ads. Maybe next spring $$$.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've done many a crawfish boil in our day! Eating these tonight made me realize how much I really miss 'em done the right way, lol! Years ago we had a crawfish farm a couple of miles from us. I still have my big ol' pot and a burner somewhere. Might need to drag 'em out and refresh my skills!

Latest posts