What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
just put some garlic and pork loin in the crock pot, my fingers smell of garlic after going through what i had already peeled from planting and cutting out the parts that weren't any good and then slicing the rest of it up. washed hands get most of it off but what remains will linger. and then i have the tray of cut off bits that will dry near the heat vent where the air flows over it all to dehydrate it. in the winter we sure don't need any fancy machine to do that when we already have the heat going... :)

i'll be smelling garlic and pork cooking all day... going to need some breakfast.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chicken fried rice. I'd have prefered a bit more soy sauce but have to limit because of a drug hubby takes. I'll look for the the low sodium sauce next time at store.

Doctor told him he really needs to be at about 2000mg sodium. Jynarque can cause sodium to be retained in the blood.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
bean soup again. still very good soup even if we've been eating it all week (off and on). maybe one last container to finish tomorrow or maybe not - i'm not sure yet if Mom has plans for this soup...