What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At least they were tasty!! 😁

I have a ham out thawing to cook tomorrow. Of course, now I'm wanting it now :drool taste buds are wild!

Instead, there will be "something" turkey tonight. To use up last of it. Maybe a pot pie, while pumpkin ones bake 🤔👍😍

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember! :drool ours were normally over stale bread points, couldn't afford the puff pastry -- never threw away bread😁. Hot turkey "sandwiches". Another stale bread on a plate use. Pile of mashed potatoes beside. Hey, still good eating!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mashed tater fritters are delish! How could she toss them !?🥴😖😂. I like some sauted pepper & onion in mine. :drool

Big pan of lasagna cooling for tonight. Ham cooking for tomorrow.😊

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I remember! :drool ours were normally over stale bread points, couldn't afford the puff pastry -- never threw away bread😁. Hot turkey "sandwiches". Another stale bread on a plate use. Pile of mashed potatoes beside. Hey, still good eating!

we didn't make turkey a la king, but we did make the chicken version. i have thought of this off and on several times over the past few months and even suggested it to Mom but it didn't happen and i'm also ok with that.

what we did make from leftover turkey was tetrazzinni. i can eat that anytime. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mother (and I sometimes nowadays) made left over mashed potato patties. Fried in bacon grease.

i like them about anyways, including when after they are done squirting a ton of ketchup on them. :)

DD threw all the mashed potatoes away, so I got them for my chickens after Thanksgiving!!

wow, can't throw away food, plus Mom would easily eat them all before that happened anyways. :) i'd happily help her...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mashed tater fritters are delish! How could she toss them !?🥴😖😂. I like some sauted pepper & onion in mine. :drool

Big pan of lasagna cooling for tonight. Ham cooking for tomorrow.😊

mmM lasagna! :)

we had leftover bits of ham and some shredded potatoes with cheese and sour cream in them, but i also knew i'd want more to eat so i made a bowl of cereal, for dessert i had a piece of chocolate, a cookie, a few carrots and some hot chocolate. later on i nibbled on some more ham as i made a bowl for Mom.

today we have leftovers i'll turn into a meatless version of impromptu lasagna (cottage cheese with some oregano and garlic salt sprinkled on it over macaroni and tomato chunks).

there's apple slices and chunks of tangarines ready for snacking and bananas with peanut butter for breakfast just in case i feel inspired enough to go graze that far... :)