What's for dinner?

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Didn't make the soup for dinner yesterday. I have hives and they were getting worse. Husband had leftovers from Saturday.

My lips swelled overnight, and got up looking like a botox gone wrong. A little better now, since I've taken more diphenhydramine, and the house is cold.

I've had adzuki beans soaking since yesterday, so the plan is beans and wild rice, with ??? I don't know if I'll eat though.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cole slaw mix with any kind of dressing the kids like and they can then add anything else they like, for me sunflower seeds and dried cranberries, peanuts, walnuts, raisins, chopped dates, apples, celery, fennel, etc. all good. diced onion, green onions, finely minced garlic, vinegar and oil, basil, dill... all work well for me. what i like about this is that it is something that takes me a longer time to eat than many other dishes so it is very satisfying because of all that work i'm doing and that it takes longer to eat is a good thing for me because i have a really bad habit of eating too quickly.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Why have I never thought of dehydrating cooked beans? This is EPIC, lol! I will definitely be trying this. Of course, this comes right after I canned 27 pints of beans last week....argh.

powdered would be like refried bean paste kind of thing? i'd not really mind it i'm sure but to me it is very easy to freeze them or to cook a fresh batch.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i would love stuffed cabbage rolls with extra cabbage cut up and cooked with it. to me a good vegetable soup isn't quite right without cabbage. also love saurkraut.

as for peppers do you tolerate red peppers? i'd miss those as i do love them roasted and plain and raw or used in many ways. hot peppers i can do in moderation but some kinds i do really enjoy their flavors (habineros i can skip). super hot stuff i'll pass on. i don't like pain. :)

good chilis are heaven though. i can cook with those a lot if i can get them, but i have to eat it all myself as Mom won't touch anything with too much spice in it. i made a batch of chili for her last night without any chili powder in it at all. :(