What's for dinner?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight our power came back on (after several days without) and I realized I could cook! But I didn't know what... So I made broccoli, ham and cheese omelets. It was delicious!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight was mustard greens, fried pork chops and cornbread. We raised the pig, I picked the greens from the garden and we made the cornmeal from Painted Mountain corn that I grew.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm making BBQ from the ham shank of 2 days ago. Until it's done, I had some potato salad & coffee. Trying to rush the allergy tab I took into blood stream! Got tractor fixed and mowed for 6 hrs today!!! Heavy grass-- clumpy fescue that is re-seeding, looks like a pasture that was saved for winter! Slow going but ok.

Nice part? tractor paid for itself again this month. :celebrate
I'd like a couple more of these customers. :cool:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We ordered pizza. I did NOT want to cook! Tomorrow I'll roast a turkey and make up for my laziness, lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had the Turkey and dressing meatloaf tonight - pretty darn good if I do say so myself :drool Course I had to improvise a little - made homemade gravy and added some ground pork instead of all turkey....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I always use pork sausage in my meatloaf..just tastes better. I have rolled the meat around a cheese & greens mixture to "stuff". Baby spinach, garlic & ricotta works well for MY taste.
The turkey & dressing sounds nice, too.

Hmm -- need to make some meatloaf. It freezes well. When I go to this time/mix, I like to make up & freeze one raw, one in oven. I am all over do ahead for later "fast" meals.

Packaged up 8# of BBQ this AM...nice for any meal.

Hope daughter is doing Thanksgiving again this year because I work 7 days straight with demos before T-Day, then Black Friday and that wknd. Yep, they wanted me to work T-Day & I said NO. Needed a day off.