What's for dinner?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stuffed -n Baked buff orpengton layer hen.
I'll let you know how it turns out, I hope it'll be good because I'm hungry.
IMG_20171119_163958153.jpg

Update... excellent taste (I love the taste of farm raised chicken) juicy, crispy skin, a little firmer than the jumbo cornish cross i like to raise for meat but buff orpengton layer hen is most definitely eatable.

IMG_20171119_182300623.jpg

Plate
IMG_20171119_184447257.jpg

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have no idea what to do for Thanksgiving. If I can find a small enough turkey I'll go with that, or maybe just some Turkey Drums since we prefer dark meat. I can make a nice low carb stuffing using my keto bread for the base, and gravy thickened with Xanthan gum instead of flour. If I use stevia instead of sugar I can make a low carb cranberry sauce. Creamed spinach, maybe some baked sweet potatoes, and I can take some canned pumpkin and mix it into my low carb ice cream and refreeze it, then serve it with low carb fudge sauce. That sounds like an acceptable feast!

Tonight I have some pork chops baked with a bit of barbecue seasoning, some green beans, and a green salad.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom's doing dinner for family. I'll be helping cook what she has planned. Small turkey and small ham. Usually sauteed green bean or brussels sprouts but I think she couldn't find them cheap so we're having carrots. Candied sweet potatoes. Wheat free corn bread stuffing. Crustless pumpkin pie.

Someone will bring rolls but not many of those get eaten. I offered to make some sweet rolls but one of my brothers said they were bringing.

Mom is allergic to wheat so everything she makes is usually wheat free. We don't go fancy. The menu has gotten smaller over the last few years as Mom has quit making things that very few eat. Both brothers mostly eat meat as does one SIL. The kids don't eat much and one is severly autistic that only eats certain foods.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What's everybody cooking for Thanksgiving?

I have a BIG family - Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are feasts. For the first time in 4 years, instead of a turkey grown by me, I'll be cooking a little under 24 lb Butterball. My burbon reds killed all their babies and I'm still bummed out about it :(