What's for dinner?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Carmelize onions for 5 minutes...

That annoys me so very much on all the cooks who keep saying it. Even using every trick in the book they take at least 20 minutes. 5 isnt long enough to even cook to translucent
I think that's the five minutes finishing up for the camera after their assistant gets it almost done

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is what I made a couple days ago, while my wife is away & having to fend for myself.
Pizza by J.JPG

I made a whole-wheat crust and used our home-grown tomato sauce, onions, bell pepper, garlic, and (small) sliced zucchini. Can't take any credit for the olives, or the three kinds of cheese.

I got two night's supper out of it. I enjoyed the one pictured so much that I'll probably be making another one—pretty much the same but with mushrooms too.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All looks delicious! beautiful photos there.
DS outdid himself last night: he baked the chicken thighs until just cooked, then simmered them in some leftover marinara sauce he found in the fridge until they were dead tender, then served them over french-cut green beans instead of pasta for a delicious, low carb meal. He is going to make some woman a WONDERFUL husband.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My night to cook, temperature near 70, but on and off again rain showers. Quick fire up the grill in between rain showers.

My wife obviously loves me long time, since she bought my favorite cut of meat, T-Bone :). She likes a good filet, she always buys two so I can have one if I want it.
IMG_20190407_171627393_HDR.jpg

Wild black cherry chunks cut from big branch off one of our wild black cherry trees out back and Kingsford charcoal makes for a nice smokey grill. Smoke them first away from the fire, then move them over the fire until done. She likes her's butterflied and medium well, I like mine medium rare. She doesn't like the bacon on the filet, more for me to eat.
IMG_20190407_175238597_HDR.jpg

A nice smoke ring and cooked perfectly for both of us. Quick salad, and baked potato, throw in a glass of good golden american wheat homebrew and you got a awesome delicious meal.
IMG_20190407_181251326.jpg

Give the T-bone bone to my wife's Rottweiler (baby bear cow wolf), leftover greens to the chickens and everyone is happy. The rest? It's just a delicious memory.
IMG_20190407_183239617_HDR.jpg

Last edited: