What's for dinner?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
ragu sauce (from the freezer) with fettucine noodles - from that 10# bag I found at the discount grocery store (way back when???) I think I can get one more batch from the bag. :D Spinach salad too.

I baked 2 pumpkins from the garden today. I'm planning on making soup for tomorrow with it.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
More use for excess squash. Lots of larger yellow squash, so I pitted (for the chickens), cubed, tossed into deep frying pan with chard, onions, sun gold tomatoes, seasoned with lots of thyme and basil and pepper/salt. Simmered for 30 min, retaining some of the liquid from the veggies.

Put a undiluted can of cream of whatever soup into pan. Stirred together, dropped several large pieces of cooked pork chops into the mix and simmered again. Served over cooked pasta with steamed broc on the side.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I put some tortilla chips in a large salad/cereal bowl x 3. Topped with romaine lettuce and diced up old tomatoes. Ladled two scoops of two types of chili mixed together; topped with shred cheese and sour cream and salsa. That was dinner for the three of us. WOW!!

Good way to use up older chips, browning lettuce (that I picked thru), wrinkled tomatoes and the old old cans of chili!!