What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I asked DH last night what he wanted with his burger. His answer - french fries. We don't reallly do french fries around here but I had a big ol' zucchini (or 12). I cut it into french fry shape, rolled it in egg and dusted with panko bread crumbs. Baked until started to get golden and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Better than any french fry ever!

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aha....winds to pick up at a time I don't want even a possibility of power outage. Brownies in oven now, ya see my priorities 🤣

Mixing meatloaf soon and will get all going in oven, meat, veggies...toast garlic bread after. Might throw together a quiche. Cooling hard boiled eggs now. Yep, a cooking day!! 👍

Don't expect any outage but....surely a hot meal.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last night we had tenderloin steak, onions & mushrooms, mashed potatoes and french bread. Delicious!

Whole tenderloins are on sale for $9.99 per pound, pretty good value there.
My favorite steak is sirloin and that is over $16/lb now! New York strip steaks were $21/pound.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I soaked some lima beans over night. Then plunked them into a pot with a vac packed ham hock from '20. Simmered all day. Removed hock and separated meat. Added some leftover sliced potatoes (from a pork and potato casserole the night before), some carrots and some more spices. Simmered. Thickened with potato flakes, Served with clearance jalapeno bread from the store.

Latest posts