What's for dinner?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We buy our liver from a guy with grass-fed cattle, no antibiotics or anything. He's never found a liver fluke in 15 years either.
I think this liver is as good as it gets.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We buy our liver from a guy with grass-fed cattle, no antibiotics or anything. He's never found a liver fluke in 15 years either.
I think this liver is as good as it gets.
I think you're right! I have issues with liver because it's a "filter" organ... but what you're getting sounds great!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think tonight will be pork chops, sweet potatoes (with a little maple syrup!), and peas or broccoli, I have to go see what's in the freezer I guess.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight's dinner is dad's request. I cooked a brisket all night last night (in the oven :( ), but then put it on the pit and smoked it for a couple hours. It's really pretty good. Potato salad - again his request - cole slaw and deviled eggs. I'll probably open up some of my home canned black beans too. Haven't decided whether to do home made rolls or just get hamburger buns.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had friends come over so we butchered a couple of roos and roasted them. Green salad, deviled eggs, and chocolate mug cakes with peanut butter frosting.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner last night, all the veggies came from my parents garden, but the turkey was bought at the butcher.

Lots and lots of leftovers...so you can imagine 'what's for dinner tonight' :)

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Baked potatoes, broccoli, bacon, cheese and sour cream.

Latest posts