What's for dinner?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven't tried doing beef. It actually might be a good use for some of that deer roast in the freezer.

Saute the onions then toast the rice. Little bit of garlic as well. Finely slivered carrots would go well with beef.

And a side of roasted cabbage. Ok. Now I'm hungry and want to try that.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I made crock pot creamy italian chicken. I add veggies (usually carrots) when I cook it. Super easy dish. Takes about 3 minutes to put together. Cook up a pot of Jasmine rice, and I'm all set for 2 nights. If there's any left overs after the second night, those make a fantastic base for a soup!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had to cook after all these things.

Skillet dish. Chunks of chicken breast, baby carrots, a light parmesan cheese sauce, and threw a couple handfuls of chopped kale on top at the end. Then stirred it in once steamed some. It was quite nice! Yep, eating that a couple times. LOL.

I debated over a red sauce or the white. So now that you bring up Marinara, I'll need to cook up some Italian sausages, add my sauce and cook pasta for it! You guys are a LOT of work for me :D:old Lot of eating, too!

ChickenMomma91

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Last night I made a pot of chili in my multi cooker, sadly I made it too spicy and gotta figure out how to time it down.
Tonight we’re having brats and fries, probably gonna use the multi cooker for those too.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think the only way to make spicy chili less spicy is to add more bland ingredients. More tomatoes, meat, and/or beans. If I am just having a bowl of spicy chili, I will add mild cheddar cheese and/or sour cream to tame it down.
DH is making his 5-Alarm Chili to take for a Chili Lunch fundraiser at work tomorrow. Luck for me, he is not making it 5-alarm, maybe just 2 or 3-alarm chili for his co-workers. He won first place when he entered it into a Chili Cook-off.

Last night we had burritos. Tonight will need to be something simple - like cracker chicken or grilled chicken sandwiches.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tonight's supper might be creamy ham/veggies baked with corn bread on top. I got a lot of mileage out of a single ham steak: ham steak x 2 nights, used the fat trimmings to bake a pot of yellow eye baked beans (3 meals worth). (Totally yummy) followed by tonight's casserole (2 meals worth). 14 meals/servings from a single ham steak!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Add fat to help with spiciness. Cheese works well. Hubby doesn't like cheese in his chili, but I do.

We had a nice roast in the oven with onions, potatoes, and carrots. I like oven cooking at this time of year. It serves dual purpose. Cooks food and adds just enough heat to the house when I leave the oven open to cool. No fire or heater needed then.