What's for dinner?

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

The last one is just about done. Super tender and the smell is killing me.

View attachment 4498
Bitter gurd stew. cooked in chicken broth, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and scrambled eggs. along side Friend Tilapia fish. on streaming rice.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope your crappie was delish!

DH and I have been experimenting with a change in eating habits. Being retired and having no kiddos in the house makes this do-able for us. We are eating our main meal in the early afternoon and having a small snack at "dinner" time. It's working really well for us so far. I got on the scale and have lost about 5 lbs with no other major changes.

I'm about to start a pot of collards with a smoked turkey wing...yum! And we'll have a jalapeno sausage link to go with.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have heard of them - haven't tried them. I haven't had a waffle iron in years! Someone on this forum mentioned them previously. I think it was @Britesea :old Sounds like some good possibilities there!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey, my ears were burning!

We have become fans of chaffles! I have used them as "bread" for burgers and sandwiches (fantastic with chicken salad), and we've used them as waffles with maple syrup. They're great, and very quick to make. You can freeze extras and reheat in a toaster too- just like regular frozen waffles.

Latest posts